Speaker Cable

joeboo6113

I actually just upgraded all my speaker wires. I bought Monster THX cable. I had Acoustic Research. both are 16 gauge. I got the Monster stuff at .42 cents per foot. Do I hear a difference in the wire? There is actually no way for me to tell, as I changed my speakers as well.

I use the Dayton 10 gague zip wire in a biwire config for my RF-7's and RC-7. Dayton 12 gague to the four RB-75's. I dont hear much of a difference with the bi wiring, I just like the look :) Then again, how often do I go behind my speakers?? Ha Ha. The stupid decision bug hit me square in the ***.

Zuzu,

Funny you mention that. It does indeed say that in the RF-7 manual, though in more recent manuals (RB-75, RB-35, etc.), Klipsch avoids stating the specific benefits, if there are at all.

I think it is because there remains much debate about the benefits/perceptions associated with bi-wiring, and though my speakers are bi wired, I am of the school of thought that there is no difference between single wire and bi wire as far as sound improvement. I just like the look, and had the extra wire and connectors. But if you percieve a difference, then by all means, go for it.

In the RF 7 manual, Klipsch says, biwire will improve the sound. If anyone should know, they should.

I'm not so sure this isn't "monkey see monkey do". In the speaker business I'm sure you don't want to be "one upped" by a competing company. A claim like that can be made with little to no responsibility to them.

A friend gave me some Monster speaker wire a while back. It was supposedly 14 gauge. The wire featured a plastic flux core...aka the wire was wrapped around a piece of plastic. I think their 14 gauge measurement was including the plastic flux core. I thought I heard a difference when replacing some cheap 16 gauge, but then again it was probably psychoacoustics.

I think therefore I am?