95 degrees

• Moderators

The expected high temperature for our area today, Monday, is 95 degrees, with not a cloud in sight.[:@]

We love our job, but landscaping in ninety five degree temperatures can be miserable. One slight advantage, the focal point of the project we are now working on is four HUGE live oak trees. Thank goodness for shade.[:D]

So what is the forecast temperature for your area today?

The expected high temperature for our area today, Monday, is 95 degrees, with not a cloud in sight.[:@]

We love our job, but landscaping in ninety five degree temperatures can be miserable. One slight advantage, the focal point of the project we are now working on is four HUGE live oak trees. Thank goodness for shade.[:D]

So what is the forecast temperature for your area today?

Here in the Sunshine State we are having a miserable drought, was 96 yesterday. We had 0.12 inches of rain Saturday and not sure of when more is coming. My water bill was $100 last month and that is only watering every other day. We put in a drip irrigation system for the potted plants at the entryway and that will help to a degree. "Oh, it's good to see the brown, brown grass of home"

North country New York.................high 80's to mid 90's.......Some nasty thunderstorms late in day..........Pretty damn nice, except for the green slime in the air, trees pollenating I guess, every thing covered in green.............Summer is coming....cruisin's, car shows, halter tops, and cut off dungaree shorts.............Yeah Man...........

59F (15C) and sunny. We've had a very cool spring, but people in interior BC are hoping it stays cool, so the snowpack melts slowly. That will cut down on flooding. A hot spell would have the rivers coming down from the mountains all overflowing their banks.

It'll soon be summer, and we'll be into the 70s and 80s. Hardly any houses or apartments here have A/C, unlike Toronto. TO in the summer is like Atlanta...

62 with partial sunshine.   I abhor the heat.  That's one reason I went to the northwest.  Here in Idaho we sit in the rain shadow of Washington Cascades and the Canadian rockies keep the ugliest weather from the artic away.  We get just enough of everything so the weather is pretty ideal.  Use to live in inland So Cal.   For all summer and fall temps would hit 100 by 10 AM and it would rarely get below 75 at night.  Hated it, hated it , hated it. 

91 in LR. Plenty of humidity, too.

Be careful working in the heat. More than miserable, it presents risks to your health.

Oak tree shade, great or what?

The summer has been off to a slow start. I hate summer in Arkansas or as I call it the melting times. My car and house have the AC set to about 69. Some people say that you aclimate but that is a crock. I have been here for too long and I ain't aclimated yet. There is this plan I have to build a air conditioned suit. If we are going to have the climate of Mars why not dress appropriately. When I move it will be to a place with less humidity and a temp no higher than 95. It is those two or three weeks in the summer that spike over 100 that really get me. I would like to get a pool or a pond in the back yard to cool off in.

I think Sat was around 97 in Austin, TX.

Did you say shade from oak trees?

Great pic. I should know this...but where is that? Longvue House, or Oak Alley maybe?

Oak Alley is the winner! My sister and I stayed there one night and then stayed two days in New Orleans.

post-13699-13819334619978_thumb.jpg

Pretty nice in Indy, but dry. It's been around 75-80 degrees with mild breeze. Just splendid in the evenings. Open window weather at night. Only problem is nearly complete lack of rain for the month. We're down about 4 inches and the Kentucky Blue is browning up nicely.

It's a beautiful week for a Pilgrimage! [:D]

M

• Moderators

I hope those temperatures hold out a little while longer. But...more importantly...I hope it doesn't rain on our "parade".[st] If it does....we will just have to "break out the umbrellas".[:D] Not rain...nor hail....well you all know the rest...at the end just insert....will keep us from having a good time in Indy!