95 degrees

• Moderators

Our forecast high of 89 is a real "cold front" for us this time of year. Thank goodness we have been experiencing a few widely spread afernoon showers. Temperature actually dropped to 81 the other day right after a heavy downpour.

Dtel grew up in New Orleans, about 50 miles south of where we now live and I grew up in Slidell, about 25 miles south of where we now live. I can assure you if we ever move, the only direction we will go is further north.[:D]

I'm with oscarear, I hate the heat...and it's really not the heat it's the humidity. If you go outside at 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. the ground is actually "wet" from the humidity. Between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. the "dew" starts to evaporate and it feels like you are taking a steam bath.[:o]

It actually feels cooler here in the middle of the day when the temperature is the highest..... by then the "dew" has evaporated.[:|]

Our forecast high of 89 is a real "cold front" for us this time of year. Thank goodness we have been experiencing a few widely spread afernoon showers. Temperature actually dropped to 81 the other day right after a heavy downpour.

Dtel grew up in New Orleans, about 50 miles south of where we now live and I grew up in Slidell, about 25 miles south of where we now live. I can assure you if we ever move, the only direction we will go is further north.[:D]

I'm with oscarear, I hate the heat...and it's really not the heat it's the humidity. If you go outside at 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. the ground is actually "wet" from the humidity. Between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. the "dew" starts to evaporate and it feels like you are taking a steam bath.[:o]

It actually feels cooler here in the middle of the day when the temperature is the highest..... by then the "dew" has evaporated.[:|]

This is what you have to put up with when you live in South Mississippi.

ps. It's about the same weather here in Baltimore, so go far north.

jbsl,

Nice photos. When did you visit New Orleans?

BTW, most locals think OA is haunted!!!!

I was there mid May. We stayed at Oak Alley one night and visited Laura plantation the next day.

At night around the French Quarter we would come across the haunted tours of NO. If you like history then NO is a great place to visit!

We went down Burbon st and was not impressed. 6th st/ warehouse district here in Austin so much nicer and more live music. B st seemed like a great place to get drunk though. The lady at our hotel said the good live music is not on B st. Maybe next time I go I'll find the places locals go for music.

post-13699-13819334744754_thumb.jpg