1, 2,...CHA, CHA,CH***

Well what a couple of days it has been for me.

Sunday I bought two more Forte IIs from someone in VA. He was the original owner and the speakers are about 13 years old. They are black so I will be refinishing them in oiled walnut. I now have 6 Forte IIs and a pair of KG-4s.

Monday I bought my second JL Audio f-113 subwoofer. The sad part is that I have been so busy that it is still in the sealed carton, unopened. I can't wait to hook it up and hear it play.

Not bad for two days work, don't ya think?

Thanks Mike. I'm really starting to get excited now.

I have to say once again that 7.1 is way more complex than 2.1.

Man, I have never in my life made so many adjustments so frequently as I have in this 7.1 system. My guess is that I will be tweaking and adjusting and repositioning items for a good year before it settles down and I can "just listen" to music.

Mike, thanks for all of your help and advice over the months.

Thanks too, to all of the forum members who have provided help and insight to me. Your contributions have been great. My system reflects your suggestions and opinions.

I'm almost done. I need just one more pair of Forte IIs to complete everything that I set out to do.

By the way, it is starting to sound really pretty good. One thing is for sure, it is a BIG sound with lots of bass and good clarity in the mids and highs. Tweaking and adjusting is all that I have left to do, to get finished.

Thanks again to everyone.

I listen to rock music more than anything.

For my whole life I have been just stereo 2.0 and then finally 2.1. I had both front and back speakers for stereo. My fronts were Forte IIs and my backs were KG-4s. However, this Winter I decided to make the switch from stereo 2.1 to surround 7.1. Boy, what a change. The sound complexity went up by a startlingly significant amount. There are so many more factors to consider with an eight channel system. Wow.

Movies are less than 10% of my listening time so I have focused on creating a musical system that can also handle movies.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/885654.aspx

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/888415.aspx

Let me know what you think of it.