I am soooo bummed!!

darylomer12

After about two years of trying convince my wife that we NEEDED RF-7's, she finally caved. She gave me the green light and now I can't find any in black or cherry!! My RC-7 is black, so I prefer black towers. However, I would settle for cherry if I had to. Does anyone know if Klipsch will be making more of the RF-7's? I bet if they made 10,000 more, they would be gone in a month or so. Thats how good they are. I tried the RB -75's, and they didn't seem to fill up my room like my RF-3's do. They sounded good, but not good enough to pull the trigger. Especially now that I have my heart set on the big dogs!![:D]

just saw these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-RF-7-REFERENCE-FLOOR-STANDING-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ300120742501QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope it works out for you. My wife has been very patient with me. Started with Altec model 14's, then Heresy's, then LS, then Cornwalls, RF 83's and now Khorns.

Thanks for the post. I actually email him last night to get a shipping quote and I think I will look around for a few more days to see if I can find some leads on a black pair with cheaper shipping. If I can find shipping under $250.00, I would probably do it.

Here is more of them.

They are always on Ebay. You might want to ask Amy Unger. Klipsch is always putting them on Ebay.

Amy has put a number of pairs on ebay over the past few months. However, I believe that most, if not all, were Maple. Priced at $999 plus shipping, if memory serves.

-David

Ok, I am starting to have second thoughts.Everyone I have spoke to, said they are not willing to ship. I have contacted all of the seller on Ebay, and they are all quoting me around $300.00 for shipping!! Am I upgrading the right speakers? If you had my setup, and you had $1200-1300 burning a hole in your pocket, what would you upgrade? And will my Denon give the RF-7's enough fuel to open up? How about a RSW-15? Oh, decisions, decisions decisions. Thanks for all of your help. I can't thank you all enough....

darylomer-I would suggest stopping by a number of different audio shops and give a listen to various gear. Your local Klipsch dealer should at least have the RF-83s in stock and hopefully some Heritage as well. (The new Cornwall IIIs sound great and the Heresy IIIs sound better). I don't think you would ever regret taking more time to shop around and then come to the best decision. If you rush it, you may get it right, but part of the enjoyment of this hobby is the thrill of the chase... (kinda like dating, eh?)

-David

If only there were some Audio store in my area. The only store within a 200 mile radius that carries Klipsch is BestBuy. And they only sell the synergy series. I have a local dealer in my area, but he only carries the new in-wall speakers now. I haven't given up just yet. I think I might have found some black RF-7's. Dang, sometimes I wish I lived in another state. Washington State is probably the worst place to live if you love Klipsch. I don't even have anywhere to go to listen to Heritage. Oh well, at least I have one thing on my side....Time

Well, I pulled the trigger on a brand spankin new pair of black RF-7's! I paid a fair price considering they were black, which is what I wanted. They were purchased from an authorized online dealer, so I got the warranty( not that I will ever need it). Anyway, thank you all so much for your input and suggestions. This forum truely the best.[H]