Subwoofers

florese

DrWho I know that I still owe you a phone call, which I will make soon.

I borrowed a frequency CD and made the following measurements.

The first set of db readings was taken with the subwoofer settings set at my preferences, which is a sub volume setting of 9 out of 10. The second set of db readings is with the sub volume set at 0, as recommended by JL Audio. The test CD was made in 1990 so it was only for stereo not full surround. The subwoofers were activated by the test CD. I have 2 f-113 subs sitting next to my L+R mains. My setting are high because I like a lot of bass. (duh) Readings were taken at my listening position.

Hz My Settings (db) JL Audio Setting (db)

1000 78 76

200 80 83

160 80 83

125 78 80

100 85 84

80 86 86

63 86 83

50 89 87

40 90 87

31.5 92 85

25 98 - 94** 90 - 84**

20 85 77

** = The f-113 has a 25 hz volume control. This number is after lowering the 25 hz volume control

Those are my readings. DrWho, I still would like to rent your measuring equipment. Is this data enough for you to offer an opinion or give me advice. What do you think of these readings relative to getting my room acoustically adjusted and better equalized?

Please advise.

Is this data enough for you to offer an opinion or give me advice. What do you think of these readings relative to getting my room acoustically adjusted and better equalized?

Not enough data. I need to see the waterfalls. I can give you an opinion though.....you like deep bass!