KP-201 refinishing tips needed

HarryO

I picked up a great sounding pair of the KP-201's today and they have some scuffing from being moved around. They are finished in a matte black. No chips or gouges noticable. I want to refinish the cabinets and I was wondering what it the proper paint? to use on these. Does Klipsch have a factory refinishing product for these? Advice or suggestions welcomed gladly.

Harry

ask colterphoto1, I am sure he has some ideas.. Looking forward to seeing you next week!'

I called him as I was looking at them this afternoon. They really are in super condition outside of the minor scuffs. Too bad they are in the ugly pro finish. At least they're not "rat hair" finished.

I gotta fes up on these. I know they are a HeresyII basically. Up until now I haven't been overly impressed with the Heresy. I'm into the big Heritage. "No substitute for cubic inches". These shocked me when I fired them up on my 6L6 monoblocks. Best sounding of the "Heresy" I've heard yet. Horns are smooth and full and the bass was adequate. Excellent actually for a speaker of this size. I'm glad my opinion was changed. It's not good to have so much info available at times. It is very easy to get a mind set and not actually give something another chance or listen. Showed me not to be "closed minded" for sure.

I'm looking forward to next week also and meeting ya Roger. This will be the first for me. I've been doing audio repair for decades and I've been a Cornwall owner since the mid 70s. This forum and the Klipsch world have been great for me since I joined the forum instead of just reading the posts. I have to say that I've liked all the members I've met. Mutual love and devotion to these wonderful speakers is a good binding experience I can treasure in my life. It is a new addition to a good life I already have. My thanks to all I've interacted with and the experience you all share.

Harry

Well I found a very nice product to put the texture back on the KP-201s. I went to Lowes to get another can of Satin Black spray enamel to match the original color and found a texture spray used on outdoor furniture to make the furniture texture look like concrete finish. There are about a half dozen different textures available. From Rough concrete look to a fine sand texture. It's made for outdoor use on wood, concrete, plastics, etc. It should hold up well. It comes in a variety of colors. Except the satin black.

It goes on very easy right of the can and dries almost immediately. I let it "flash" dry and gave the light charcoal base I had chosen 3 coats of the black satin. They came out pretty nice. It is a nice product and easy to use.

Total cost of black satin spray enamel and the texture spray = right at $9.00 + the governors cut of 6% here in Indiana = Less than $10.00 for a nice textured finish.

Now they look as nice as they sound. They need cleaned up but will come out nice when done

Harry

post-24628-13819334801128_thumb.jpg