OT: Happy Father's Day -- Dads are important

Daddy Dee

One in three American children live in fatherless homes. One out of three.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Census Bureau:
63 percent of all youth suicides; 71 percent of pregnant teenagers; 85
percent of all youth in prisons; 90 percent of all homeless and runaway
children; and 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from
fatherless homes.
Dads hang in there. Your presence is more important than you can imagine.
Grandfathers and seasoned father types, the young dads need your support and wisdom gained in your life experience.
Blessings to all.

One in three American children live in fatherless homes. One out of three.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Census Bureau: 63 percent of all youth suicides; 71 percent of pregnant teenagers; 85 percent of all youth in prisons; 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children; and 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.

Dads hang in there. Your presence is more important than you can imagine.

Grandfathers and seasoned father types, the young dads need your support and wisdom gained in your life experience.

Blessings to all.

Wise words, Daddy Dee. It's important for us "more seasoned" Dads to encourage and support the "newbies". I have encountered friends of my kids whose dads have run off with a "new friend" leaving mom and the kids on their own. It's important for us to help fill the empty void by acting as "adoptive dad" to help the kids (and the broken-hearted mom) out.

God bless all you dads out there who are doin' the right thing.

Proud papa of 4 and still married to my first bride of 32 years the 28th of this month. Started dating on her 16th birthday. [;)]

Great post DD.

Spent the day building a tree house with the boys.

My wife and boys just got me a JL f113 for fathers day. Just came in. Dilemma, go build on the fort, or hook up the beast.

There will always be time for the sub. The boys grow up faster every day. They will remember building the tree house on my death bed someday. May not remember one more piece of audio equipment though.

Still looking forward to hooking up the sub. All in good time. Will show them how to do it also, it's fun to have them involved in the audio world also.

God Bless all the Dads today and always.

Paul, Dad of 4

• Moderators

Yes, congrats Daddy Dee and we will miss you, the Mrs, Mr. and Mrs. Fini and the girls in Indy.

BTW, Happy Father's Day dtel, thank you for helping me raise our three daughters. I am proud of each of them and thank God for the grandchildren they have brought into our lives.

Well, we'll miss you all, too, Christy! Sounds like you'll have a blast.

Oh, by the way, Cathy and I share the same anniversary day as Dee and Jan! 20 years for us. Man, how time flies!!

• Moderators

I forgot about you guys sharing the same anniversary. Now that you mention it I do remember that being discussed in Hope. Happy Anniversary to two of my favortie forum members and their sweetie pies...and yes all four of you have a very special place in my heart. We didn't get to spend much time with Jan in Hope, but the little bit of time we did share was most enjoyable. I really enjoyed spending time with Cathy and the girls. You and Dee and are two lucky men. Yes, Fini time does fly..... it's hard for me to believe that dtel and I will be married 29 years this coming Veteran's Day!!!

Please tell your daughters I said hello and that I think of them often. I really wish you guys would try to make on the cruise in April 08.