New Kid here...comparing F-3 to RF-62 and selecting a reciever

Hey guys. Ive been working at Best Buy now for about a year and have fallen in love with the Klipsch products sold at my store. So much that ive been saving about every month for a nice setup. Im looking to get a 2.1 system, and im limited to the speakers available to me through Best Buy (because of costs of course). So i would like to run a 2.1 system in my bedroom, its a small space and my parents bedroom is right next to it. The lucky thing is that i live in a single family home and dont have to worry about disturbing the neighbors too much. I listen to mostly rock music, with every genre from Pink Floyd to Nirvana and even Jack Johnson. This system will be mostly used for music listening, but occasionally ill hook it up to my big screen and enjoy a nice movie or so. I am also limited to the receivers best buy offers, which include Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, and Pioneer.

So heres my options. I can afford the RF-62's, F-3's and anything below......and i can afford the RW-12D and anything below....my ideal system would be 2) RF-62's 1) RW-10d and id like the Yamaha RX-V661. Now im sure 90w per channel should be enough to drive the speakers, and i like the receiver....but i was comparing it to the Pioneer VSX-1016....and i like the added wattage...and i just wonder how it will sound with the dual 48-bit sound processors. Which would you choose?

And now to compare the RF-62s and the F-3s. Simply put, i dont have much space so im leaning towards the RF-62s, and i dont need the extra output of the larger F-3s in my bedroom. But just acoustically speaking, im unsure if i like the F-3s on the RF-62s better. We dont have the RF-62's in my store but everytime i hear them im amazed....but then again ive never directly compared them to the F-3s. Which would you go with if you just wanted the best audio sound?

Id appreciate the advice or input, this is pretty much my savings for the last few months and id like to get my moneys worth. Im sure ill be satisfied with whatever i get, but im still not 100% sure. Thanks in advance everyone.

The RF-62 is the way to go for speakers. It should handle whatever music you might choose to throw at it. Not sure what your budget is from there, but my suggestion would be to skip the subwoofer and spend the extra $$$ on quality electronics. The Yamaha looks like 7.1 channels worth of HT amplification. You're only building a 2 channel system, so you're paying for extra bells and whistles you don't need.

Take that same $500 and buy yourself a good quality integrated amp. Maybe something like this, which is a good, entry level integrated amp? I think you'd be surprised with the bass that the 62's will generate on their own, without a subwoofer, provided they have good amplification.

Hello fellow best buy'er. BBFB/PCHO Sup from store 359 here [H]

To answer your question- if the reference line is within your means, I'd say go for it. The synergy series that we carry, while being by far the best speakers we offer- can't hold a candle to the quality of sound you'll get from the reference series improved construction and materials.

That being said- if you were looking for a loud rock and roll speaker for around that range, I might say go for the F3 just because I know what price we get them for through Klipsch accomodations ;)

Also, the previous poster is absolutely correct when he recommends quality electronics. The NAD he linked is warm sounding and has a reputation for working well with horn loaded efficient speakers.

Well Hello :)

Im from 1057 in Maryland. I was looking at that integrated amp, and it looks very nice but i have been in contact with my stores Pioneer and Yamaha rep. He will get me anything i ask at dealer cost. Is there anything made from either of these manufacturers you would recommend. And in addition. Im starting with a stereo system, and will most likely will go to a full 7.1 channel system within the next year. The program between Klipsch and BestBuy is really a godsend and makes affording the product much easier for us employees. Im eligible for the Magnolia discounts so i can get the RW-10d very cheap, much cheaper than that amplifier. If i could get a nice amplifier for around $200 i might consider it, but i dont really know anything beyond the average BestBuy merchandise. And now that ive been reading more about the receivers i may go with the yamaha RS-X861 or the pioneer VSX-1016THK which both feature more amplification. Would the amp above really give me much better sound than the receivers would, putting out 110watts per channel? Just curious about how to spend my money

And a quick question on the integrated amplifier. What are the benefits of using that over a quality receiver with the amplifier already built into the system?? For example. I could get the aforementioned amplifier for $400, but i could easily spend that $400 and get the Yamaha RX-V2700 shown here With my dealer pricing would this be a better option? And i will use the video side of the AV reciever as well...including the HDMI upconversion, etc. I mean, i have a VERY LONG time to grow a home theater system. Im 17 now and have just gotten started. Whatever is the best start, and will last me the longest is good for me. Throwing that integrated amp out there kinda messed me up, haha. In Best Buy we dont deal with anything too high end, and ive never even learned about seperate amps.