Recomend narrow tower horn speakers

Hemihorn

Recommend narrow footprint tower horn speakers depth of speaker can not be more than 15" driven by low powered integrated tube amp,like Scott 299B or Sophia Baby 10 watts per channel. Has any one tried this set up? I want to put some Hi Quality sound in dining room.

If you would have said 18 inches wide and can accept 2 feet deep and 5 ft high, I know someone who has 16 EV 8025's for sale. They are simular to the LaScala bass bin, except they are stretched tall to result in a smaller foot print.

When you wrote of a 10 or 20 watt amp being part of the equation, I started thinking of the Heritage line of Super efficient speakers.

But at a depth of 15", only the Heresy III fits the bill.

If you can stand another 1/2" of depth then the new Cornwall III seem to fit the bill.

But the Cornwall is a rather large speaker...

Do you really mean to write "depth" can not exceed 15"?

Often folks are looking for tower speakers who's WIDTH does not exceed some number of inches..

~Noah

I see that you are in CT so I will make another suggestion.

I have a set (well, a few sets) of RF-3's that will be going up for sale on Ebay. You can see the spec's at:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/rf-3.aspx

RF-3's are 15.5" deep and about 11 inches wide w/ the feet and some 39" tall.

If you have interest in them, send me a PM or an email (Under contact to the right in this window above.)

Not having to list them on Ebay would be SO nice...

~Noah

I just noticed that you named this thread "narrow tower horn speakers" then went on to talk about "no more than 15 inches DEEP".

So if you are looking for narrow then ALL the heritage speakers are out.

I bought a new pair of RF-63's (narrow and deep) because of space restrictions in my "HT". The 63 is a very nice Speaker.

It's one of the reasons I am selling some RF-3's - I expect to keep the 63's.

OK, good luck.

~Noah

hey Bonzo,

What is the difference between RF-5's and RF-3's?

~Noah

If memory serves, the RF-5's have wood veneer cabinets, a different compression driver and woofers albeit the same size. There are those who like the sound of the RF-3's better than the RF-5's. I have personally never done an A/B between them but have owned RF-5's. IMHO, they were great for home theater but a little thin on the low end and a bit harsh on the top end as stand alone stereo speakers, in my system at least. That said, I'm sure Dean's crossovers will mellow out the top end and improve the lows.