unexpected Klipsch

A buddy of mine, a local wedding photographer, just sent me a pix of some Klipsch speakers used for a wedding reception at nice community clubhouse.

His email to me started with

'You know you have good clients ..."

When you see this at the reception.

(Can you ID the model without looking at the catalog?)... I knew you could!

This
was an "intimate" reception in one of the ritzy neighborhoods in
carmel... used the neighborhood clubhouse for their 40 guests.

The
neighborhood clubhouse has three pools, and lifeguards on duty...

LOL well, of course, this is Colter's House of Klipsch you know!

So has anyone else seen Klipsch speakers in unexpected or unusual places? It's good to run into old friends, at least you know that even if the best man's toast is a bust, that the music will be great!

post-10755-13819334806202_thumb.jpg

Hi Michael,

Chorus WO?

+

+

+

Oppps, I just noticed the name of the jpg...

Oh well, I thought the TV was larger ...

~Noah

I stand corrected. Here is a further post from Troy (it's rough having a friend named Troy and one named Trey.. [8-)].)

"Chorus II, with a really big passive in the back, I didn't ask him to take the grilles off. And, I bet Dad does know... he said he still has the boxes, and repacks

them every time he moves them. And the family is performance music

oriented. Sisters played Violin and Flute during the ceremony, Groom

was Drum line for band and orchestra. " [:D]

• Moderators

The most unexpected place we ever spotted Klipsch speakers....one of our wholesale suppliers for irrigation supplies. Dtel happened to look up....about twelve feet high, sitting on a shelf was a pair of Fortes. We asked the guy on the spot if he would sell them and he said, "No". A customer gave them to me. Dtel thought they might have been Forte IIs and told him "If you ever decide to sell them I would be willing to give you $500.00 for the pair". A month and 1/2 later we asked the guy again, took a closer look and realized they were Fortes. I called the guy two weeks later and said, "Look they really aren't what we thought they were, would you let them go for $300.00". The guy said "Come and get em" and we went and got em!!!![:D]

The most unexpected place I've ever seen Klipsch -- that's easy. On the island of Sicily there is an incredibly picturesque village called Taormina up in the mountain overlooking the Mediterranean. This village is a tourist attraction for the Europeans. There is an ancient Greek theater there that when I was there, had full-up Klipsch Professional equipment on stage. The view from this place is incredible. Off in the distance you can see the volcano Mt. Etna. Those ancient Greeks sure do know good sound equipment, and apparently the modern ones do to as Max has mentioned. I think I took photos of the Klipsch here and if I can ever find them I'll post them eventually.

taormina1.jpggreek_theatre_web.jpg

Apparently they still use the theater (obviously what the Klipsch are for):

317_IMG_PIG.jpg

After seeing Klipsch here, no other place will be unexpected!

Well that one beats me - and I live here!!!

Well in Greece rather than Italy but you get the idea.

Most unexpectd place I ever saw Klipsch was in the home of a high end dealer here in Athens - he sells Montana speakers and a bunch of other makes - but he had KHorn's at home - not sure if he still does - this was a few years ago.

The most unexpected place I've ever seen Klipsch -- that's easy. On the island of Sicily there is an incredibly picturesque village called Taormina up in the mountain overlooking the Mediterranean. This village is a tourist attraction for the Europeans. There is an ancient Greek theater there that when I was there, had full-up Klipsch Professional equipment on stage. The view from this place is incredible. Off in the distance you can see the volcano Mt. Etna. Those ancient Greeks sure do know good sound equipment, and apparently the modern ones do to as Max has mentioned. I think I took photos of the Klipsch here and if I can ever find them I'll post them eventually.

Apparently they still use the theater (obviously what the Klipsch are for):

After seeing Klipsch here, no other place will be unexpected!

Wow, what a fabulous spot, and to see a show there would be breathtaking!

Bonus points are available for photos of the Klipsch in residence!

Look quite the same but the Chorus's are a bit taller...

Actually all the dimensions are quite a bit different. I can pick up a Forte II and carry it under my arm. It takes 2 people to pick up and carry a Chorus II.

But as far as appearance. The Chorus II, Forte II and Quartet all look identical. They are from the same Klipsch family.

Just my $.02, I own both forte and Chorus. I don't believe that speaker is large enough to be a Forte, and I know it's not a Chorus. If you note the size of the television in relationship to the (looks like) VCR, that television is a 32" diagonal. Also, the baseboard to the left is no taller than 5.25" tall. IMHO, I believe that speaker to be a Quartet.