Spring Is In The Air..... Watch Your Step

Gilbert

Gilbert..... As soon as I was hit I went to the hospital, from the time of the bite it was probably 30 to 45 minutes till I saw a Dr.....but to my recollection it seems at that point it was almost like " son you are now in God's hands", so get ready for the s--- to hit the fan!!!!!!!!!!!

I do rember that my little toe was about as big around as a quarter and my big toe more like a silver dollar, and it really felt like the skin around my anlkle would rip.....to be honest as kids my brother had a boa constrictor and I had been bitten several times, but this gave me a little more respect for venomous snakes..................

Steve

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Boy Scout training where they told you to give a 1/4 inch cut at each tooth mark. They now don't instruct that as more people died from bleeding to death than they would have from a snake bite.

Just saw a Timber Rattler on the Blue Ridge Parkway two weekends ago, he was about 3 1/2 feet long. I was bitten in the neck by a black snake on the Potomic river about 12 years ago. That pretty much cured my fear of snakes.

[

The mere fact that you post over & over & over & over in every imaginable thread on this forum and, more times than not, have nothing to offer other than what amounts to "Yeah - me too", puts you squarely into the "post *****" category.

Tom

Been called lots of things but never that.

Were you referring to a fence post or a bed post?

Tom, I catch your drift........since I don't wish to fall into that catagory.......I'll be signing out.......Roc,after seeing your post from here to Russia and back I would chill.

I've had roughly forty post in six months and sometimes feel that could be exessive...and I probably should have left this one alone!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

What am I missing?

Is the goal to minimize one's posts in this forum? And why would that be?

Look, I have very limited free time like, I'm sure, the rest of you do. So when I get a chance to get onto this forum I travel fast and post wildly. If you don't like that, then just skip over my posts. I have made some friends here and, I guess, some "not so friends". That's what makes the world go 'round. I'm sure that my brand of humor (?) isn't for everyone.

Somehow I just knew that you would say this.

Why's that? .... or is this what you call another humorous statment?

If I can't or don't understand this fact, then what is wrong with you helping me our and educating me?

Because your responses to things you know nothing about are not stated as questions, they're stated as point blank, one way and argumentative. Or at least that is how they are interpreted.

I am not an antagonist. But I do try to be humorous and make this forum interesting.

You most certainly are, whether you are capable of seeing it or not. Humor?... Which opening statement was that, I think everybody, including myself missed it.

As far as bringing it on................. I would be very careful saying that to a guy named ROC.!!!!!!

[|-)] yea yea yea [|-)], and you just proved my point.

Thank you for all of your comments. You are helping me to see how someone else perceives me.

I am sorry that you feel this way about me. If we met, we might become best friends. Who knows.

I wonder if your opinion is exclusively yours or if others feel this way.

Well....just remember, you spent the dime and asked the question.........

The mere fact that you post over & over & over & over in every imaginable thread on this forum and, more times than not, have nothing to offer other than what amounts to "Yeah - me too", puts you squarely into the "post *****" category. Don't get me wrong, we all have from time-to-time chimed in and done the same, but you dude take the cake.

Tom

Well thank you Tom , after looking at my post count today I'm beginning to feel the the Madam of the Ho House[:o] By this point and time I feel quite comfortable about posting quips all around this place but with that said I sure hope I bring a smile and a little something to the table[:|]

Kaiser you rule.......I promise to do my best to never ever chime in on a persons posting addictions, my point was just to see how long it would take Roc to fire one back in my direction.....me bad.

Roc, I am sure you are a grest person and I never would try to hurt any ones feelings or gang up on another forum member.....Hey in my short time everyone has been helpful and supportive to any post I have made. I've learned some things that have been great in my search for a limited bit of speaker and HT knowledge....................In roughly six months I now have a pair of LS II's, RT12-d, an RC-64 and hopefully by next week a pair of Heresy III's......my head is swimming in a pool of Klipsch.

To close this POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thnk this a great place with some top notch people, and I know it will stay that way.

Regards to all, and to all a good night!

Steve ( the diplomat) Hollowell

THX Steve but it's probably more like drool[:o] I just have some days that I'm not as busy as others and this is the place to have fun with some of the best folks going[:D] Now exactly where were all going is another thing altogether[;)]

I was a little confrontational when I first started in this forum but I realized 1st that I did not have enough time around here to make any judgement on anyone else and then I upset a couple of really good people which gave me cause to stand back and look at what and how I posted in which I have tried to correct to the best of my ability however we are talking me and I usually challenege myself before I even put a foot on the floor every morning[8-)] Besides life is too short and precious to waste much of your time on me

I'm glad you came through your bite and are still able to take the young Mr. Hollowell to GWAR shows[:D]