KG4 Cabs on ebay!

What did you do with the x-overs and passives? I used my KG4 tweeters and cabinets with 2 JBL 8's and was not impressed. The KG4's I thought were really muddy in the middle. It sounded a ton better, the tweeters w/Cerwin vega 10", in an old AR2 cab. Thanks Jeff...

P.S. never thought I would ever take apart a Klipsch to try to make it sound better...?

• 4 weeks later...

What did you do with the x-overs and passives? I used my KG4 tweeters and cabinets with 2 JBL 8's and was not impressed. The KG4's I thought were really muddy in the middle. It sounded a ton better, the tweeters w/Cerwin vega 10", in an old AR2 cab. Thanks Jeff...

P.S. never thought I would ever take apart a Klipsch to try to make it sound better...?

Hi. I built new cabs using the Horns and crossovers with a set of JBL Mids that I had laying around. You can see some pictures here if you like

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/917190.aspx

Here is a pic of the final outcome

Posted Image

I would have put something larger in like tens but I wanted to keep the cabs smaller.

Thank you. I didn't build the stands. I found them at a flea market for $2 bucks and 3 weeks later i found a matching pair at a garage sale for $1.50. Strange but cool matching set all the way around. I did get rid of the Kg4 cabs. I sold them on ebay with the auction starting at $1.00 because I start most of them at $1 buck and like a fool I wasn't home to watch and remove it if it had no bids on the last day and someone got them for a buck. A sad day in Klipsch sales history but oh well I made out on selling 8's and radiator.