FII's that I need to say goodbye to

FII's. Black, w #19 Grille. One pair. exc condition. I'm looking for fair pricing opinions.

I sold my Polk Audio RT-12C's about 10-12 years ago, missed the big sound, picked up these. I'll miss them more. They were way more efficient.

Marriage and aesthetics now rules my enviornment. (Bigger cave not an option) Wife thinks Bose is a real speaker name. Help me.

Marriage and aesthetics now rules my enviornment. (Bigger cave not an option) Wife thinks Bose is a real speaker name. Help me.

Too bad. Your wife is unbelievably wrong. Sorry I can't help on the price. Pics, to get an idea of the condition?

And the Forte II's are so small too!

If you're looking for something along the lines of a Bose approach, then you might look into the Klipsch Quintet system. It'll blow anything in that category of speaker outta the water.

I've seen the Quintet, and heard it. It's hard to imagine Grover Washington, Jr or Dianne Warren on anything but a big Forte II, but I have to make a change. I don't even want to think about John Hiatt on small speakers. Space for a sub is limited and the other speakers have to be aesthetically invisible, which makes proper placement of satellites, etc difficult. I'm considering in-walls, but local installers here are not audio people, just electricians, and all they want to push is Bose, which is the choice of yuppies here so they can talk about them. I'm into the Klipsch sound, and do not mix my surround sound stuff w/my music. I'll keep looking and considering my options, and I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Dont listen to your wife on how to proceed with your audio hobby....But buy her a Bose for her own satisfaction....If she starts to like your system instead.,,,say no...Also wives tend to be bossy about home esthetics,,,Even though most have bad taste....Thats why she picked you (kidding) Show some guts & throw out foo foo decorum....Tell her you like furniture that smells like a horse.....She will get the idea...You pick the Audio....She gets the house (work) kidding again.

Wifes can be temporary, but speakers can be forever. Just joking. My wife was the same way. But I took her to a high end retailer one day, and they had a dedicated HT room in store. Whatever you wanted to buy, they would set up in the room, and let you demo them that way. My wife was totally blown away but this room, and now wants a dedicated theater room when we buy our first house. Maybe you could try this, and see how it turns out for you. Were you into audio when you met her? I hate hearing about wifes making their husbands sell their stuff like that. I don't think people should ask that of one another.

Make her a deal. Tell her you'll sell yoru speakers when she sells her shoes![6]

Wifes can be temporary, but speakers can be forever. Just joking. My wife was the same way. But I took her to a high end retailer one day, and they had a dedicated HT room in store. Whatever you wanted to buy, they would set up in the room, and let you demo them that way. My wife was totally blown away but this room, and now wants a dedicated theater room when we buy our first house. Maybe you could try this, and see how it turns out for you. Were you into audio when you met her? I hate hearing about wifes making their husbands sell their stuff like that. I don't think people should ask that of one another.

Make her a deal. Tell her you'll sell yoru speakers when she sells her shoes![6]

I still don't get this thing about women thinking they should have the final say when it comes to things like this. What the flip is not pleasing about a pair of medium sized speakers tucked away in a corner??

Made a deal, had her engagement ring re-done in a larger way. FII's will stay. I noticed a Klipsch forum post yesterday looking for Oiled FII's, which showed up on eBay today for $280. I think shipping was $100. My "bargaining" chip (besides the new rock) is that I will NOT be using the FII's for HT, which I'd never intended, anyway. When I get my business going, I'll shoot you the web site. I'll be "recovering" and preserving old LP's, 8-tracks, cassettes, and even dbx-encoded stuff, either pure from the source, or enhanced with black gear, or enhanced with software, or any combination thereof. I prefer the pure approach, listening to old LP's or 8-tracks in the car, including the needle drop, track change, etc. The FII's are so I can hear what I've done. Some music, like a 1972 George Benson LP, shouldn't be heard any other way. Thanks.