What are you doing this weekend if your not going to the Pilgrimage?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I could not get off work to make it to the Pilgrimage[:(], I decided to party here.... Just kidding, but... I've got to finish a project pair of Cornwalls, recap crossovers, test some ss amps and Klipsch combos, repair an AU-11000a that's cutting out, finish cutting some Heresy panels for folks that I owe favors..., cut the grass, make a big bowl of Pico De Gallo (fresh ingredients), move the LaScala's to the back porch, confine the kids to their rooms, and have a "Pilgrimage" in the pool with some Sam Adams and the Pico (with my wife in that really kinky bathing suit that's consists of three pieces of black string and two black band-aids...).....[<:o)][H]

A lot of good responses with very ambitious plans. How much did you really get done? I mowed the grass, edged, and took an ailing tomato specimen to the farmers supply for diagnosis. Bloom rot from insufficient calcium. Bought appropriate spray. Lunched at chick filet and headed home. Went back out for Italian for dinner to cook at home, made cocktails, harassed Bluesboy on the 2 channel forum and just cleaned a record and warmed up the tube amps and preamp. Other than the wife feeling poorly its been a good day. Hope yours went well.

Friday night I saw Holly Cole with her six-piece band (Aaron Davis on piano, plus drums, bass, 2 sax players and a trombone player) and they were all great! It was the first night of Victoria's week-long JazzFest International. Lots of stars performing (Sonny Rollins, Freddy Cole (Nat's bro)), as well as lots of lesser-known acts.

She was a big change of pace from Teenage Head, who I saw a few weeks ago.

Might catch Aki Takase tonight.

Sunday afternoon, MotoGP on Speed Channel. I hope Rossi wins!

Aw come on Buckster. I hear those Porsches cover a lot of ground quick. Bring that new Stones DVD with you. In fact I'm going to put on Beggars Banquet right now in your honor. Gotta hear some Dear Doctor..........

Tarheel, Boy I'd like that....long ride for me right now.....I would like to meet you guys.....I would have to hear Bluesboys speakers though, probably some Get Your Ya-Ya's Out.....with just alittle volume.......Sympathy for the Devil...so we can hear Keith and Mick Taylor swapping leads back and forth.....but not today, I guess.........appreciate the offer.........Big Time

Go Heels...........Eat....I mean Beat the BeaversSlugger 2

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk121MJUS

• Moderators

Well, even I was only able to go for the morning tours. Steven is sick today, and I could only get a sitter for the am. So here I sit at home, catching a cold too, wiping his runny nose every 30 ins or so. <sigh>

The morning was fun though...it was great seeing some forum members again, and meeting some new faces. I just wish I could've stayed longer!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I know you could really care less what I really did this weekend BUT I'll take this opportunity to share some thoughts anyway:

Well, I spent today in the yard (thought I'd do some "landscaping" while the "landscapers" were at the PILGRIMAGE)! Got the yard mowed/weedeated with my husband, got some overgrown bushes hacked back. NOW....its just the SIT AND WAIT for that phone call from DTELS WIFE telling me that they won ANOTHER PAIR OF SPEAKERS.

Seriously, I really did think they were kidding last year when they called.

ACTUALLY, what I really thought was that they BOUGHT SPEAKERS and used the "WE WON SPEAKERS" ploy so we wouldn't think they were totally nuts for buying MORE SPEAKERS!

THEN I saw this whole forum thread about CONGRATS DTEL and really felt like an A**!!!!

Sorry MOM and DAD...hope you're having a blast!

Luv,

Jen

spring cleaning continues....so far 5 yards in the 10 yard dumpster....in addition to about 10 large bags..and about 4 ft of collapsed empty boxes

Tool concert tonight at Ft Wayne Memorial Coliseum.

Font row on the floor directly in front of the giant bass bins. My pants were flapping the entire night. Wow did Tool put on a great show. Security only had to pull about 10 out of the crowd and nobody came away hurt so all was well.

Erotic museum exhibits in Hollywood, dimsum in Chinatown, backyard BBQ in Long Beach, shagging in Los Angeles and pool parties galore in Silverlake!!!

Geeze, Nick, you should try doing something other than the "same old thing" some weekend. Ah, L.A.!

Checked my lottery ticket......did'nt win.....so its back to work tomorrow. Got to pack a lot into this afternoon to even feel like I've had 2 days off. Thundering now so activities may be all indoors. May have to spin some vinyl if lightning does'nt get to close.