What are you doing this weekend if your not going to the Pilgrimage?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much did I get accomplished?

Saturday: Too tired from Friday night's escapades @ work.......Worn out, and slept late. Piddled around, went to the bank, did some grocery shopping.

Sunday: Split a cord+ of wood w/Dad, and no sore back today....amazingly enough!

Spent 45 minutes watering a friends flowers/shrubs while on vacation, then watched the Tiggers demolish the A's AGAIN.

Of course, thoughts of the Pilgrimage rebounded all weekend.

I am going to playing some cards w/ some buddies, drinking a few cold ones while listening to some good ol' rock n roll. At least tonight anyway.

I'm doing that exact same thing, except jazz, and I got our son this weekend. Wifies working all weekend! I'm in England though, so Pilgramage would be tough for me[:'(]

"Did you buy the 60th anniversary ones?? Woo hoo if you did!!!"

yes....I just could not pass up a limited edition with such a price discount.

"Did you buy the 60th anniversary ones?? Woo hoo if you did!!!"

yes....I just could not pass up a limited edition with such a price discount.

hey fritzy,

sorry about the "small flaws" in the speaker. i was mad because treymundo put the wrong drivers in there; he had put in some radio shack 15's. i think he's going to get a chance to replace them before he ships them out.........................

psalms 13:6

roy

"sorry about the "small flaws" in the speaker.  i was mad because treymundo put the wrong drivers in there; he had put in some radio shack 15's.  i think he's going to get  a chance to replace them before he ships them out........................."

not only do I have a limited edition....but who else can say they have experimental versions ....

as far as the damaged corner goes....rumor has it someone was trying to get the diamonds out by kicking it....I noticed some new ear rings in some of the photos.

I know you could really care less what I really did this weekend BUT I'll take this opportunity to share some thoughts anyway:

Well, I spent today in the yard (thought I'd do some "landscaping" while the "landscapers" were at the PILGRIMAGE)! Got the yard mowed/weedeated with my husband, got some overgrown bushes hacked back. NOW....its just the SIT AND WAIT for that phone call from DTELS WIFE telling me that they won ANOTHER PAIR OF SPEAKERS.

Seriously, I really did think they were kidding last year when they called.

ACTUALLY, what I really thought was that they BOUGHT SPEAKERS and used the "WE WON SPEAKERS" ploy so we wouldn't think they were totally nuts for buying MORE SPEAKERS!

THEN I saw this whole forum thread about CONGRATS DTEL and really felt like an A**!!!!

Sorry MOM and DAD...hope you're having a blast!

Luv,

Jen

I remember Eldin and Christy (the Dtels) and I just talking for a few hours here and there where they were shocked over winning the Cornwall III last year. They told me that if their name where to be drawn from the hat that they would be estatic but would ask them to redraw because they truely are good people. They want others to experience what they felt last year at hope. I am glad that I got to met such good people. They congratulated me on winning "nothing" [;)] and I felt what they must have felt when they won their Cornwall III last year! I mean I cannot wait.

Yes they truly are good people. I hope to see them soon. Instead of making the pilgrimage I helped drive my step-father up to Seattle the long way with my step-brother. We drove almost 3000 miles from the afternoon of the 19th getting to Seattle at dinner time on the 24th. Some of the highlights were the Black Hills, including Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore and deadwood, Devil's Tower, Little Big Horn, Glacier Nat'l Park, sleeping on an air mattress, flying to Denver to spend a day with my son, then getting home to move furniture around before getting back to work today. A rolling stone gathers no moss....

It was a great trip, but it did have a disappointment. I had never been to my step-brother's place in Seattle. It is tucked into a hillside with spectacular views across the sound. He had told me way back when that when I asked what speakers do you listen to "they are from an obscure small company called Klipsch" and it turns out they are heresies. So I am thinking all the time that I will get to hear them when we get there. Unfortunately something else was set up (small satellites and a sub, no, not bose) because of space issues and I suppose a lack of desire to mount the suckers. Well, I did give him the speech to get'em back out of the closet, mount them, plus get three more for his 5 .1 stereo sound. There is hope because he plans to use the big room on the lower floor for a HT set up, and it would make a perfect man cave. Maybe there are more frequent trips up there for me to help make it happen and make sure it is done right?