RC-64...... umm WOW

taylor99ss

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I have to share my excitement with someone!

I picked up a new RC-64 this afternoon and all I can say is WOW!!!! yes, it was quite an upgrade from these little rc-3 I had. I put in my favorite music and movie DVD's and let me tell you that I heard things that i didnt know even existed. The highs are clean clear and bright, but not too overpowering, and the mids and lows are stunningly smooth and tight. I couldn't be happier. I did struggle in getting the RC-64 or finding a RC-7, to match my RF-7's. I'm VERY happy with the 64. (for those who are in the same boat)

Just wanted to share my joy! My wife isn't as enthused.

I AM SO PLEASED TO SEE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pair of LaScalla II's for my front L/R and a RT12-d sub and have been in the market for a new center. It now looks like I will be able to obtain a "used" RC-64..........that is in NEW condition.......The current owner is going to have it hooked up to some LS II's to see how it sounds, however it has been in a system with Cornwalls and sounds great.

It is really gratifing to see comments from a new owner and heigtens my expections for a new sound experience..............

Thanks....

Steve

I AM SO PLEASED TO SEE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pair of LaScalla II's for my front L/R and a RT12-d sub and have been in the market for a new center. It now looks like I will be able to obtain a "used" RC-64..........that is in NEW condition.......The current owner is going to have it hooked up to some LS II's to see how it sounds, however it has been in a system with Cornwalls and sounds great.

It is really gratifing to see comments from a new owner and heigtens my expections for a new sound experience..............

Thanks....

Steve

Steve: You may want to talk to Trey. Have you heard that center with heritage? I tried to use my great rc-7 with Dean's network with my heritage & it just didn't sound right. The center had a noticable different sound than my mains so I now use a heresy which matches almost perfectly. Just a thought...

Arky..........thanks for your concerns......Actually Trey is my cousin and the RC-64 is coming from a friend of his in Indy.........they are goig to hook it up to Trey's LS II's to check the sound. I had also asked Trey about using a pair of heresys if the RC-64 does not sound right and that is still an option.

The RC-64 would be a better match cosmetically and space wise(this is more a wife thing), however I'll try to do what "sounds" right....

Again Thanks for your comments..........

Steve