Congratulations Bob Riff

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmmm.............................bob.....................................there has been a terrible mistake.........................................my name WAS drawn first..............[8-|]

enjoy them!

have a blessed night,

roy

Roy,

Believe me, I'm enjoying them...a lot! (The neighbors OTOH?...not sure yet, but at least the cops haven't shown up at the door. [:D]

You guys hit a HOME RUN with this product!

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Wow...Jubilee's in Bay City. Birthplace of Madonna! I lived just down the road in Saginaw County!

Yep, Bay City - that "smelly little town" to quote Madonna. (Sugar beet processing plant).

Not sure how long it's been since you lived in Saginaw, but things have changed quite a bit in the last 10 years or so (and not for the better). It's amazing how much the auto industry contributed to the rise (and ultimately the fall) of our State economy.

Well, at least the town has one pair of Jubilees now, so we got that going for us. [:)]

Bob, please comment on the sound of the Jubs vs. the Khorns.

Bill,

Is that a safe thing to do?

I wouldn't want to raise a ruckus. [;)]

May be a good point, Bob. Send me an email. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Thanks!!

Bill,

Did you get my E-mail?

Bob

Bob,

Congrats on getting them home safe/sound. It looks like its a good thing you didn't get the big horn, the left speaker was MADE for its location with the little shelf above it. Had you ended up with a pair of 402's the wife might have thought they were intrusive into her decor! As it is, it fits quite nicely.

Bob,

Congrats on getting them home safe/sound. It looks like its a good thing you didn't get the big horn, the left speaker was MADE for its location with the little shelf above it. Had you ended up with a pair of 402's the wife might have thought they were intrusive into her decor! As it is, it fits quite nicely.

Oh I will guarantee she would have considered them intrusive! [;)]

Anyway, I'm VERY HAPPY with their performance. I don't think the sweet spot is any where near as large as I remember the 402's being at the pilgrimage, but to my ears that's the only drawback to the smaller horns. The sound quality of these 510 horns is AWESOME!

I'm spending much more time listening to 2 channel than I have in many years and enjoying it immensely, especially vinyl. My old LP's never sounded so good. My next step is to get a new CD player and listen to some DVD-Audio / SACD's. I heard a couple at the Pilgrimage and they sounded pretty good.

Bob

Wow...Jubilee's in Bay City. Birthplace of Madonna! I lived just down the road in Saginaw County!

Yep, Bay City - that "smelly little town" to quote Madonna. (Sugar beet processing plant).

Not sure how long it's been since you lived in Saginaw, but things have changed quite a bit in the last 10 years or so (and not for the better). It's amazing how much the auto industry contributed to the rise (and ultimately the fall) of our State economy.

Well, at least the town has one pair of Jubilees now, so we got that going for us. [:)]

I lived in Chesaning...southern part of the county. Home of the Chesaning Showboat and former home of Farmer Peets.

My sister was a teacher at Saginaw High, so I know about Saginaw. Wished the Lions had listened to her when it came to drafting Charles Rogers, she said he would never amount to anything (he went to Saginaw High). She now teaches at Arthur Hill.

BTW I think the 501's would have hid the little shelf and smoke detector nicely[A].

My understanding is that the Showboat was almost ready to go belly-up because of low attendance.

However, this year they decided to switch from the "Lawrence Welk" type bands that they usually have to Buckcherry, Hinder and Papa Roach.

I understand that they had overflow crowds...[:)] I had to laugh when I heard that.

Bob

Kind of shocked me too. All I can say is good for them[<:o)]! My brother was on the parade committee. There were several acts I would have liked to seen...Creedance Clearwater Revisited, the Beach Boys, .38 Special, Edgar Winter, Oak Ridge Boys...wow[H]! Can't say I ever heard of Buckcherry, Hinder and Papa Roach. The first Showboat I went to was in 1957, didn't miss a year until 1979[^].

Can't imagine 10,000 people in Showboat park. Several weeks later they had the Saginaw County Fair, which is a big deal. Around Christmas the Polar Express (which uses the same train the movie was based on). I guess I grew up in a town who likes to put on festivals and fairs!