Congratulations Bob Riff

Thanks Ben,

Actually, I've owned a set of K-Horns for twenty years (started out with with a set of LaScala's before that).

I did feel a little guilty though, as this was my first Pilgrimage. [:$]

I'm going to do my best to get over it though. [<:o)] [:D][D]

Bob

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remember Trey finally pulling the winner and saying, "It starts with a B." I looked over at my dad half-jokingly. Then <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Troy read off my Dad's name and it was just like a dream at that point. The next morning when I woke up I was seriously questioning myself if it really happened. It still doesn't seem like it really happened even today. It probably won't sink in until he has them, and even then it's going to seem unbelievable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

One thing's for sure, when he gets the Jubes set-up I'll be visiting often (probably more often than he would like).

Once again, thank you very much Roy, Trey, Michael (if you ever need any more speakers picked up in Michigan let me know) and to everyone at Klipsch.

Congratulations again Bob!!

I as sitting next to his son when he won. He kept says, Is this real. I really won. I have to be dreaming. I think it took a bit to sink in...

I too am glad that they went to a die hard Heritage guy.

JM

I was sitting next to Bob when his name was announced and I had to poke him to make sure he was still alive!! I do believe he stopped breathing for a bit

I said it then and I'll say it now...Congrats BOB!!!!

JJ

I have to really say that the staff NUTS [:P] that went out of their way to put on this event definately deserve a major kudos, also to the rest of the people behind the scenes, and especially Trey Cannon, Amy Unger, and Michael Colter. For Fred Klipsch to sit and answer our questions, interacting with the forum crowd shows a level of desire and passion to really understand the demographics that shape the products of the future.

These sorts of events are not cheap to put on, and the length of planning that goes on is beyond the scope of most people. I helped put on a drag race on a frozen river, and the volunteers put in many days and nights of long hours. From planning porta-potty rentals, food, alcohol, licences, permits, insurance and so on. Getting all these things together takes time. I have to hand it to the volunteers that came in on their day off to show US the facility.

To Fred Klipsch, the people fuel the passion behind the product, are the soul of the organization, and you have a formidable team. Keep up the great work, I hope to see all of you next year, and congratulations to all the winners of the day.

hey qscguy,

was really great to meet you. i figured out how get a recess in your trunk door in order to get a little, itsy, bitsy more excursion for your driver.......

isaiah 41:4

roy

I just remember Trey finally pulling the winner and saying, "It starts with a B." I looked over at my dad half-jokingly. Then <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Troy read off my Dad's name and it was just like a dream at that point. The next morning when I woke up I was seriously questioning myself if it really happened. It still doesn't seem like it really happened even today. It probably won't sink in until he has them, and even then it's going to seem unbelievable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

One thing's for sure, when he gets the Jubes set-up I'll be visiting often (probably more often than he would like).

Once again, thank you very much Roy, Trey, Michael (if you ever need any more speakers picked up in Michigan let me know) and to everyone at Klipsch.

did your dad sign a piece of paper that trey had? i hope not.....something about not shipping till 2009........

psalm 12:1

roy

I just remember Trey finally pulling the winner and saying, "It starts with a B." I looked over at my dad half-jokingly. Then Troy read off my Dad's name and it was just like a dream at that point. The next morning when I woke up I was seriously questioning myself if it really happened. It still doesn't seem like it really happened even today. It probably won't sink in until he has them, and even then it's going to seem unbelievable.

did your dad sign a piece of paper that trey had? i hope not.....something about not shipping till 2009........

psalm 12:1

roy

Oh Man, I forgot to sign it!

2009 shouldn't be a problem though (as long as you let me borrow the other set (with the 402 horns) until then. [:D]

Bob

Roy, that largemouth bass in your avatar looks incredible. Looks like the man is struggling to hold that monster up. Reminds me of fishing in South Texas with my dad as a youngster, we reeled in some monsters from time to time. Went to a place that had some hybrids once (Largemouth & Striper mix) Wow those could put up a fight.

Speaking of monsters, congratulations Bob! They don't look so imposing with the smaller horn.

BobRiff: Many congratulations, Bob. They could not have gone to a nicer fellow. I sure hope to get an invite to hear those babies once you get them installed and tweaked at your place! Pretty Please! Allen Park's not that far from Bay City! Enjoy! - Glenn

BobRiff: Many congratulations, Bob. They could not have gone to a nicer fellow. I sure hope to get an invite to hear those babies once you get them installed and tweaked at your place! Pretty Please! Allen Park's not that far from Bay City! Enjoy! - Glenn

Picky,

Absolutely!

However, it may be a while. Trey mentioned something about 2009? [:'(]

Oh, and one other thing...you'll have to promise not to laugh (at least out loud) at MY home theater. [:)]