Congratulations Bob Riff

Neil,

We are in the process of getting my son's new house fixed up so he can move in (and move out of mine [:)]). At this point, we're shooting for next weekend to "make the move".

A weekend "road trip" to Indy could be interesting, but with all that's going on, I think it would be best to have them shipped.

I really appreciate your generous offer. It's unbelievable how people on this forum volunteer to help each other out.

Thanks again.

Bob

Nah, we all just want to suck up to ya because we happen to live nearby in Michigan. It's really so we can get an invite to listen to them without all the conversation going on in the background, and toast to your health. LOL.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

UPDATE:

I have the networks in the cabinets and have them in the HT listening room. I spent some time in there today, as did others. Our hopes of having the final paint on them this week left with our paint guy taking 3 days of vacation this week. He will be back on Monday and he will get them in the paint booth as soon as he can. Until then, I plan to have as many folks as can listen to these.

What I found today was the depth of the soundstage is huge. It sounded like the stage was 30 ft deep. The stereo image was dead center.

The only thing I did not like was the low end. It was a bit tubby. I don't think it is the speaker, only the room.

Bob, I hate that you have had to wait for a month, but you will get them before 2008...[:$]

Trey,

Thanks so much for the update.

Better to take some extra time and do it right than rush them out the door. It sure sounds like you're doing it right. [:)]

We are moving my son's OUT today, and should have plenty of room to move the Jubes IN when they finally arrive.

I can't wait to hear them. [<:o)]

• Klipsch Employees

Bob, they are in the paint booth now. Well one of them is...

We have been going through some building changes of late. They just added an extra wall between the work shop and ID lab, in the hopes of making the ID lab more quite. So, with builders, drywall guys, paint guys in the shop, it has been a real challenge to get things done in there. Jay said something about painting with drywall dust in the air was not the best idea... He cleaned the shop for most of the day on Monday. He will start painting after lunch today.

• Klipsch Employees

Well they are out of the paint room...they should be dry and ready to pack this after noon or tomorrow. I leave for vacation tomorrow, so Tom and Charlie will pack them for us.

Bob, email me the address where you want these sent...

Well, I finally got them! [<:o)]

Man, these things are HEAVY and HUGE. I don't know how in the world Trey was able to toss them into the back of his mini van by himself after the Pilgrimage. Don't mess with that boy! [;)]

They were delivered this morning to my workplace. Getting them unloaded from the semi trailer wasn't too bad, but I had three other guys to help me. When it came time to take them home tonight though, my son and I had all we could do to get them crammed them into the back of my Envoy (one bass bin per trip, of course) then moved into the house. I was huffing and puffing pretty good. Glad I quit smoking last year. [:)]

I haven't got my regular system moved into the room with the speakers yet, so I temporarily hooked them up to an old, borrowed Sony receiver using a $39 DVD player as a source. We also had new furniture delivered today, it hasn't been placed in the proper spots in the room yet.

Keeping those issues in mind, my initial impression is: They sound AWESOME. I've only had time to listen to a few songs so far, but they seem to have much more high end and bass than my K'Horns. (Granted the K'Horns are pushing 20 years old and probably need to be re-capped).

I'll get my regular system moved and hooked up within a few days and be able to some more listening then. I'll post a few pix too.

For now, I'm going to take a couple Advil's and head off to bed. [:)]

Thanks so much to all the folks at Klipsch that contributed their time and efforts to getting these speakers to me. I truly appreciate them!