Garage sale booty, or How to score Cornwalls by Jeremy

capo72

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing.

I saw your post and was secretly hoping these were in California or New York so I could smile without cursing and OF COURSE you are here in Illinois, where it seems there are many great tales of the garage treasures. This is right at the top though for sure, and the fact that they were around for most of the sale is unbelievable. Oh! I was just thinking, now that you've got TWO pairs, if you are looking to make some more room in the house, ill buy your old pair off of your for 10 times what you paid :)
I hope this is just the beginning of a summer of great finds for you.

Killer score on the CWs. Ya can't pass up a good garage sale. Last year alone my mom found me a pair of MC275s for $60 and 4 JBL Century 100s for $25 and a pair of very nice Altec Valencias for $10. She is retired and garage sales from thursday daylight to saturday afternoon. It's her thing. She's gotten pretty knowledgeable on audio lately. She burns up my cell phone on weekends. Naturally I get a lot of calls on Pioneer 4.1's for $50 which I immediately turn down and a lot of stuff like that but she's getting much better. She gets a stack of local papers and plans out her "route". She loves it. We are originally from Tennessee and last month there was an 80 mile long garage sale on a stretch of highway around where we are from. She filled up her car with all kinds of treasures.

Harry