Suggestions for cd's/dvd's with HUGE dynamic range?

Coytee

My first preferernce would be for rock/roll or instrumental type... (no opera.....[+o(] )

Dr. Who??? you there? didn't you say you had some stuff with "insane dynamic range"??

Try Peter Gabriel's "Play-The Videos". It has a DTS 96/24 option that is better than anything I've heard in multi-track. I know this is 2-channel...but you asked for HUGE dynamic range....try it, you'll like it [H]

I doubt anything much beats Telarc's otherwise unremarkable "Time Warp". The opening track is a Dorsey synthesizer tour de force that comes with appropriate warnings, skull & crossbones & the like. It goes from high to low, whisper to max in wild jumps. I'm sure that track has cooked more than a few systems...

Girl in the other room Diana Krall (I have 4 Krall CDs and they seem very well made and sound wonderful be they Heresys, Quartets or Klipschorns...can't imagine them on your Jubilees!...we listened to the remix (be Mick himself) of Fleetwood Mac Rumours in 5.1 that was a must buy (at least for me...thanks Ken Kaz!)

Bill

Flim & the BB's "Tricycle." First track. Careful with this one.

Holst's Suite for Military Band Telarc, Frederick Fennell, Cleveland Winds. The drumbeat that sold a thousand subwoofers. Broke about that many, too. Get the SACD if possible.

Beethoven's "Wellington's Victory" Telarc, again.

"Great Fantasy Adventure Album" Telarc, once more. Love the dinosaur.

"The Power & the Majesty" Mobile Fidelity OK, so it's that old chestnut, steam engine sound efx. The rainstorm is good too.

You absolutely need to get the Pulse concert DVD by Pink Floyd. Holy

fricken crap that's all over the place. Though....you're going to need

a sub to fully appreciate all the explosions on that DVD. I am going

out to purchase it this afternoon.

I still have your mailing address so when I get some CD-R's I'll send

you a copy of my demo disc. I meant to give you one while you were down

there in Indy, but alas that didn't happen....

You absolutely need to get the Pulse concert DVD by Pink Floyd. Holy fricken crap that's all over the place. Though....you're going to need a sub to fully appreciate all the explosions on that DVD. I am going out to purchase it this afternoon.

lol...funny you say that. Yes it IS that good. Not only do I have it, I BROUGHT it to Indy and we listened to part of it upstairs during some of the listening sessions. I ALSO had the fortune to have attended that very concert (same show, but in Nashville) back in '94. It was and still is the most absolutely incredible concert I've ever witnessed. We were close enough on the floor to feel the considerable HEAT from those flames & bombs.

Interestingly, I'm not so sure that the VHS version I had of it MIGHT have looked/sounded better than the DVD version. I think that's perhaps because the VHS version was being used on a 31" CRT where the DVD version is now viewed on a 60" HD Sony (though in native mode). I've not watched the VHS version for years since I basically wore it out. I can't be sure on my comment about the VHS but it's just a gut feel kinda thing.

As for the demos... (cough cough about time), no problem [:D]