Ampconfused...cant decide on anything for RF-7s

ransom

So about a month ago I finally decided that I wanted a real audio setup, after alot of talk with my friends, and having used to own klipsch speakers for my pc, I decided id settle in on real speakers here at klipsch. After much searching and alot of money I finally got me a pair of RF-7s. My problem is I'm trying to do the right research on an amp for these puppies, but everything I read tells me something different. Of course i realize different sounds for different ppl, but I at least figured I'd try the Klipsch forums before I settle on something. My budget is around 2k, and I like playing my music loud and im not looking to get into HT really, just want to play music from my pc. Can anyone help me?

Well, the good news is that RF-7's can get sufficiently loud without a lot of wattage.

If your budget is $2000, forum member NOSValves makes and markets an amp her refers to a his "VRD's". I've had my RF-7's hooked up to VRD's before, and the sound was absolutely sublime.

Are you opposed to running professional amps? I went that route and I'm very pleased with what's coming out of my 7's. Less expensive, more bang for your buck. The fans are the only downside. They are very audible if you have them in the same room but there are very simple remedies for that. I don't hear my fans at all.

I am partial to Aragon Amps, especially the Paladium II mono blocks. They can sometimes be found for around your budget. As Duke is prone to say, "they will knock yer socks off!" I, unfortunately, can't afford them at this time and settled for a Parasound HCA-1500A. So far I am very impressed with its performance with the Forte's which, by the way, are a completely different animal than the RF-7's.

If running a Rotel pre, you apparently like their sound. An RB 1080 will do the 7's all knid of justice for most genre's, and most volumes. I had owned the 1080 (2x200), then the 1090 (2x380), and now even use the RB 1050 (2x70) for them in my ht, and use tubes for 2 channel with them. The Rotel 1080 was my personal favorite with them, and can be had for around $700 used, or $850 new, with $$$$ to spare.

I know of guy on another forum with a (silver center) 1080 for sale, which you could possibly get for $750 if intersted.