Confused

Probably super-compressed recordings? Gosh - when the heck are CDs going to ALL sound good?

I think it is the recording labels saying why worry about making such a 'reference' recording, when the majority of the people are now using MP3 or some other form of downloads? I think it was AVS that had a article on declining record sales for the 7th year in a row. Sorry for the hijack...

Rf82's + 130watt yammie + 12sub +White Zombie Astroceep 2000= The abilty to piss people off 3 states away!!

That cd hasnt left my stacker since i was 16

i fount bullet for my valintine to be a good test cd too

this set up even made metalicas st.Anger cd sound a little bit ok (just a little bit)

some of the newer metal bands out like trivium an shadows fall have pretty well recorded cds too

an for a lot of people who dont even like metal try with in temptation or lacuna coil

good goth metal opra type gear like evanecance only not crap

you now there is a lot of new metal out there thats really good its just hard to find

Yeah Rob Zombie's stuff is pretty polished. Astrocreep has an awesome enveloping sound. There's so much going on but everything is detailed. Fear Factory is pretty good too. Fear Factory - Obsolete is heavy but very refined. I'd say out of any album Obsolete stresses my system the most (in a good way). It's meant to be played loud.

Rf82's + 130watt yammie + 12sub +White Zombie Astroceep 2000= The abilty to piss people off 3 states away!!

That cd hasnt left my stacker since i was 16

i fount bullet for my valintine to be a good test cd too

this set up even made metalicas st.Anger cd sound a little bit ok (just a little bit)

some of the newer metal bands out like trivium an shadows fall have pretty well recorded cds too

an for a lot of people who dont even like metal try with in temptation or lacuna coil

good goth metal opra type gear like evanecance only not crap

you now there is a lot of new metal out there thats really good its just hard to find

Please speak English.

I agree Duke. I'm using 6,400 watts in my system. I can still hear it after I shut it off.

Too funny.

Garbage in garbage out, and the more resolving power the system has the worse it is.

I agree with both of you on the resolution issue, but the power thing is ridiculous. 10 db watts (10x in the denominator) or 10x less power than most spakers for an all-horn setup is all you need. I'm running about 60w/channel in my Onkyo AV receiver. PWK himself insisted that I only needed 17 db of headroom for symphonic recordings, which are the most dynamic.

So that means that 20W is the most I'll ever use on the peaks, since I nominally use about 1/4 watt per channel for normal listening.

All of the AV receivers from that model year have the same Signal processing electronics, and I have the bottom of the line, power wise. But I'm sure I'm never anywhere near clipping as I try to keep my nominal listening level to about 85-95 db at a 12 foot distance across the front array. the 5.1 rears are Chorus I with a set of Chorus II's gathering dust until I go from 6.1 receiver (used in 5.1 config) to full 7.1. I'm saving for an HD projector, so my 36" tv will suffce.

The beauty of this thing is that is allow me to listen to 2-channel with full sound to the corner horns AND my tweaked set of huge VMPS passive subs. I never knew that Khorns needed bass extension and that going flat to 25 hz mattered...............it does. I never like any of the "air pump" subwoofers with built in amps and servo circuits, yuk! Totally unmusical, but the large cone area from the twin VMPS really blend perfectly with the Khorns below about 50 hz.

• 3 weeks later...