Of course my choice would be REAL Heritage.

But being a corporation designed to make a profit I'm sure Klipsch would have to choose the RF line.

It's kind of funny you bring this up. I'm at a cross roads business wise and have to make some serious decision in the near future. I can not keep up with both aspects of my business and have to at the very least try to limit the demand in either new products or vintage rebuilding. This is a very tough decision to make since I love the diverse nature of doing both.

Craig

What Craig said.

More or less.

I fear that if Klipsch made only the Heritage line speakers, the "out of Business" sign would go up soon after.

I wonder if even the full RF line would save the it...

I would love to see the bottom line P&L numbers on the Synergy line vs the RF line vs the Heritage line.

~Noah

Craig: I can see how that would be a difficult situation.

Noah: "I fear that if Klipsch made only the Heritage line speakers, the "out of Business" sign would go up soon after."

Sure, that would makes sense. But that notwithstanding, I wonder what they would perceive as the best candidate (speaker) for the job. As far as there being a 'real' Heritage line, I think it might be worth while to consider that the Heritage line was evolving since the beginning. To me, they are as 'real' now as they were earlier on.

Let me add this to the question: What would be the basis of one's decision regarding this?

I don't know how many times I have read a post where a forum member asked something along the lines of: "Why don't my La Scalas (or Klipschorns) sound like my Heresies?" That's interesting to me.

Erik

eric!!!!

an
intresting question although my take is, not heritage or
reference , more the klipsch sound.

the fact that a company that produce a quality product, from 50 plus years ago to be compaired with its product of today,

where
the vision of the inventor is still present today. i don't believe
klipsch will or have, but rather maintain the sound.

my opionion though through limited experiance, 76 corn 90 quartet 2000 ss&sc1

Interesting hypothetical. For my tastes, it would be Heritage, of course.

However, since I have such rarely appreciated tastes, I'd say, Klipsch would have to go with HT and such. Whatever works in the market. The Reference gear is killer, I'm just a dinosaur.

I fear that if Klipsch made only the Heritage line speakers, the "out of Business" sign would go up soon after.

I wonder if even the full RF line would save the it...

It seems to me that, in reality, Klipsch is very successful because it is very adept at moving with the marketplace, and doesn't stand still with one line or even one overall concept of what the public wants to buy. Hence the constant development of new ideas like the CS 500/700, an especially popular demo item at the Pilgrimage. Staying put won't work these days, and can result in dated products.

Sure, I'd like to see it settle down, but Klipsch's approach leaves us with the best of several worlds -- Heritage, the RF series, CS evolution, etc.

I have K-horns for 2-channel and HT. Quite happy with the setup.

As far as one speaker Klipsch would hang their hat on today, it would depend on if they were going to cater to audiophiles or the mass market. If they chose audiophiles...Heritage. Mass market...Synergy. Most profit to be made, greatest ROI...mass market.

Heritage.

Like the Dinosaur will be evolutionized into extinction.

Just "HOPE" Klipsch remembers who brung 'em to the dance!

I guess a large high buck speaker is hard to put in showrooms for the buyers of GOOD audio gear.

Understandable Klipsch. Survival is the only thing you can do. It's definite "Corporate responsibility". All great things must pass.

Who will write the Eulogy?

Harry

Of course my choice would be REAL Heritage.

But being a corporation designed to make a profit I'm sure Klipsch would have to choose the RF line.

It's kind of funny you bring this up. I'm at a cross roads business wise and have to make some serious decision in the near future. I can not keep up with both aspects of my business and have to at the very least try to limit the demand in either new products or vintage rebuilding. This is a very tough decision to make since I love the diverse nature of doing both.

Craig

Not to hijack the thread, but Craig, you may have to hire on of them there "employees"......

I'd love to be one if you are considering going that route.

If Klipsch were a company that could (or preferred to) produce only one of its presently very diverse lines of loudspeakers, what would you (meaning the collective 'YOU') hope it would be? I wonder what Klipsch would decide?

Tough choice?

Erik

Cornwalls......just because I like the shape of them[:P] Somewhat big, simple looking and versatile.

Slightly mad question Erik,

If they only made one range of speakers I would guess they would go out of business rather quickly. In that light I would suggest whichever speaker makes them the best return - problaby the RF range but that is a complete guess - for all I know the returns on the promedia speakers are the best.

Actually I have the Promedia 2.0's on my computer at home - amazing sound for the size/price.