Sound Card Question

interactfx

Yes....and before you hear all of the sales pitches for TerraTec, Phillips and Turtle Beach...go ahead and get the Audigy. It's a better all around soundcard than the rest. /me ducks. I own one and play games primarily with my PC, not music. That is what home stereos systems are made for. It rocks, although there will no dobt be a myriad of posts disputing what I just said. The SBLive! is a great card and the Audigy expands on that.

the audigy is the most powerful but for 4.1 gaming and for actual sound quality, the Santa Cruz wins. For more bang for the buck, the GTXP wins. But if you are just getting the basic Audigy and like to game then get it, but if you want the breakout box, get the GTXP...it is just cheaper and can do up to 7.1 output for future systems. but it sounds like the plain audigy will be the best thing for you just because you have had a sucessful creative product before, ppl that have had problems with creative tend to never go back.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

IMHO.. I would just use what you have now. The audigy isnt necessarily a better card for your uses. I am using the SBLive5.1 and am pleased with the sound quality. As for the higher 24bit etc stuff with teh audigy.. most things are not encoded that high to take advantage of it. I think the only thing out that is encoded that high would be SACD.. possibly DVD.

anyhoo..

------------------

1GHz TBird @ 1096MHz

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§ 230/354

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

that is my general consensus also Smile.gif i like the santa cruz or GTXP over teh Audigy.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150