Hello all- Klipsch forte II - value?

tkmd

I am moving and I have a pairs of these speakers. I've used them on and
off since I bought them in the 80's and I'm thinking about selling them
- but I have no idea what they are worth. Anybody have a clue so I dont get ripped off?

I was the original owner and have kept them in a climate controlled house. They are oak colored.

• Moderators

We purchased two pair of Forte IIs already used. We paid $450.00 for one pair and $475.00 for the other pair. Cosmetically our two pair were about an 8 out of 10, otherwise they were in perfect condition. We also picked a pair up for another Forum member....he paid $500.00 for an absolutely MINT pair. Maybe that will help you a little.

If you can give us a little more info...like serial numbers....where you are located....and pics if possible....you might find a buyer right here on the Forum.

Sometimes things have different values. Take my forte II's for example. To me they are worth $1000. I wouldn't sell them for less right now. Of course, there might be only 2 people in the US that would pay $1000 for my forte II's today. They are worth so much to me because:

they sound awesome
they are discontinued
they are oiled oak, my favorite finish
they are in super shape
they sound awesome
they are the speakers my wife and I drove to pick up in one sitting, 36 hours straight, 2300 miles, straight through, round trip, no sleep
they'd be a hassle to replace in the same condition, finish
they will last multiple lifetimes
and finally
they sound awesome

Bottom line: If you're going to sell your loudspeakers, you need to get out of them what they're worth to you. Sometimes they're worth more to you than what others are willing to pay. Sometimes you can't wait to get rid of them and you unload them at a garage sale for $25 just to be rid of the darn behemoths. Its all state of mind.

they are the speakers my wife and I drove to pick up in one sitting, 36 hours straight, 2300 miles, straight through, round trip, no sleep

they'd be a hassle to replace in the same condition, finish

You're my HERO man! The journey is half the fun of bringing Klipsch goodies home. I pretty much keep blankies in the truck all the time now. For the Klipsch, not for me.

OB,

If you weren't all the way in "Upstate New York" these speakers would be flying out the door.

It amazes me all the rah-rah talk about Forte II's, and no one even inquires about them, well, one guy I guess......Owner doesn't want to ship, can't say as I blame him....it's a tough time of year to sell speakers, unless you're giving them away.......sooner or later they will sell......

• 3 weeks later...

Don't let these guys fool you. These speakers aren't worth the wood that surrounds them. Bring them to my place and I'll store them just opposite my equally worthless Walnut Forte's.[;)]

Seriously, If they are in as good condition as you claim, you should be able to get at least $500 for them.

Don't let these guys fool you. These speakers aren't worth the wood that surrounds them. Bring them to my place and I'll store them just opposite my equally worthless Walnut Forte's.[;)]

Seriously, If they are in as good condition as you claim, you should be able to get at least $500 for them.

You had me worried there until I got to your last sentence.

You had me worried there until I got to your last sentence.

Hey, a guy can try to get free speaks can't he...hehehe...

Seriously, I love my forte's...