Does the CP-1 improve sound for v2.400

maggotbrain

I just installed a warranty replacement preamp on my v2.400's, the sound seems to have improved somewhat.

The old one had the dirty contact problem, but it only annoyed me when I was adjusting the volume.

Does the CP-1 preamp upgrade make a huge difference in the sound quality of the system. Is it worth the $49.99 price tag?

• Moderators

Hi maggotbrain! (nice UserName smile.gif )

The CP-1 was designed to have better channel separation, but the main features of the upgrade are the headphone jack, auxilary in jack, and disengage button.

It's really up to you; if you're interested in these features, then yes, it's worth it, but for sound quality alone, the $ may be a little high. Unless of course, you just have 50 bucks laying around... smile.gif

--Amy

• Moderators

No, the current v2-400 has no "problem" with channel separation. The CP-1 is an upgrade, with inevitable improvements that are bound to arrise with a product almost 2 years old. Bascally, it sounds a little clearer to the trained ear.

--Amy

Amy:

Thank you very much for responding. I haven't shipped back the faulty preamp yet, only received it on Monday. Since Klipsch already has $44.00 of mine, I think I will go ahead and purchase the CP-1. These speakers are already at the top of the heap, any more improvements and I will start worshiping them.

Do you "guys" sell heavier gauge speaker wire for the Pro's (14 or 16) already assembled? I read this helps clarity also.

Also I've read a lot of your post and you are very knowledgeable and patient. keep up the great work.

Clifford E. Walker