Milwaukee Area - Forum Get Together

boomac

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Seven Seas is a hop - skip & a jump. In fact, it might be a good choice for Friday Night. Two years ago we went to the Golden Mast. The same family owns both places but they are slightly different. Both are set on a lake and sport great atmosphere. There's a ton of good "fish fry" places so we can talk about it as the date gets closer.

Mr Tarheel - if you win the lottery you better have a pair of K-Horns strapped to the back of that Porche. The boomac always enjoys gifts from the guests![;)]

Always a good time hooking up with other Forum members.

I'll have to check the freezer and see if I have any Venison sausage left. Give you guys a real Wisconsin treat. Maybe we can talk Damon into making some of his Home Brew

This is going to be fun... I'm looking forward to it.

JM

Having just been in Wisconsin for nearly two weeks just this past June, I don't think I can pull this off. Would love to go, though. But at least I did get to see J.M's. and Damon's setup when I spent a night there. They are very nice setups indeed. Was also cool to go out to the R.C. airplane field with J.M.

Also, looks like I"ll be in the Indy area again on about the 1st of September (My aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary!).

Wish you could make it Steve. What the heck, it's only about a 15 hour drive.[<:o)]

BTW - If anyone is concerned about the cost of airfare, you can do Price Line and you'll usually get a pretty good deal. There's a trick to it; so PM me if you want to know the skinny!

I'm sorry that I will not be able to make it to this one. The two in the past years have been very enjoyable. If anyone has any hesitation in joining in, please know you're in for a very good time with a lot of good company.

I've told some of you about my family situation. My sister in Dallas is very ill. I travel every other weekend Chicago to Dallas on a pre arranged schedule based on early purchase of airline tickets.

Unfortunately, this puts my travel 180 degrees out of phase with both the Milwaukee and Dallas meetings. Dang.

I hope to get to the D.C. area meeting.

Best,

Gil

Gil.

Sorry to hear your sister is ill and that you won't be able to get up here this time. Perhaps we can arrange something during the winter months. If you get a chance, please check your private messages. I sent you one several months ago.

Here is the tentative schedule for the Milwaukee Area Klipsch Get Together, (Lake Country Fest) If you are planning to attend, please let one of us know when you will be arriving and or what days you plan to be here. RSVPs by mid-night Sunday, August 5th would be appreciated.

Thanks, Boomac, John and Damon

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Friday: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />08/10/07 18:00 Fish Fry at The 7 Seas or Rons Cozy Corner.

20:00 Movie at Damons 300.

22:30 Jazz, drinks and BS on Boomacs screened porch.

Saturday: 08/11/07 10:00 Informal listening sessions - various locations.

15:00 Cocktails & barbeque at Boomacs.

19:00 Jam and/or listening sessions at Boomacs.

21:00 Movie at Damons, Johns or Boomacs.

23:00 Beer, Pizza and BS at Boomacs.

Sunday: 08/13/07 10:00 Listening sessions various.

13:00 Lunch & departure for some travelers.

14:00 Listening session

15:30 End of Klipsch get together.

Thank you Boomac.

For the benefit of others here. Last year's meeting in the Milwaukee area was a great time. (The previous one had Tom Brennan holding forth on the Civil War. Quite a pip.)

Anyway, after a long delay, I sent Scott and John some Telarc CDs as a thank you gift. Scott later sent a thank you e-note. Maybe John too. No problem there. I did not want to get into thank you for the thank you. Too much of a hall of mirrors.

Let me suggest that attendees should also bring along audio house gifts for our hosts this year. They have a lot of good recordings but it is good to share and enlarge horizons.

=====

It is with sorrow that I now inform you of my sister's passing last Sunday night due to complications from rare cancers. She was 53 years old. Way too young.

There is a tie-in to the forum in addition to many personal thoughts. Regina was supportive of my investigations in horn designs. Several decades ago she saw me grinding out exponential equations with a calculator. "You can do that with a spreadsheet," she advised She was an actuary.

She (and husband Joe) also supported my many construction projects in their garage in Dallas.

= = = =

It is not certain that I can make it to this year's Milwaukee meeting. There may be additional memorial services in Dallas.

Gil

Gil,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Im very sorry to hear the sad news. 53 is, indeed, too young to pass on. I flirted with death at that same age and feel lucky that the Good Lord gave me some more time.

Please know that you are welcome to attend the get together with little or no advance plans or notice. If you need a pick-up at the station, somebody will be there for you. If you find you can make it, PM one of us and well help with the arrangements. Wed enjoy your company.

Regards,

Scott (boomac)

Gil, I am very sorry to hear about your sister. You are you family will be in my families thoughts and prayers.

One of the highlights last years was Gil giving all of us his acute insight into Kubrick's 2001.

My favorite part of these get togethers is spending time with old and new friends. I think Scott's schedule is a good mix of technology and socializing.

JM

Sorry for the late notice but I live in the Sussex WI area and have been involved with Klipsch speakers now for about two years and just read this recent thread. 

My general story is graduating from Magneplanars to a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's (talk about 180° of change) and most recently purchased a mint pair of WO Klipsch Khorns with a vintage of 1996. 
I was driving the Chorus II's with a pair of Bryston 3B's amps and a Bryston .5B Preamp and now want to move into the Tube arena especially after demoing a Audio Research VT 50 amplifier.
The two 3B's running mono are just way too much power for what I need. I have been looking into the tube world and would enjoy hearing from some more knowledgeable people than myself.
I was completely blown away by the Khorn sound and want to have some clear direction on building a system around them. With a recent purchase of a Rega Apollo CD player I've come to understand 
the value of "Red Book" CD's and what they can really sound like. I also purchase a Rega P3 turntable to dive back into my vinyl collection and have enjoyed that quite a bit.
What I was thinking was if I could join you folks for maybe an hour or two and get a chance to discuss your experiences it might be a huge help to me.

Anyways, great to know there are some Klipsch people around the area.

Jeff