marantz amp to klipsch speakers?

svsalako

Sitting behind me right now (I'm in my office) playing great music is the Marantz 2220B, hooked to a pair of Klipsch KG 2.5's, and a NAD 5220 CD player. The sound is absolutely great for such a modest system. I'd have no reservations about hooking the 2220B to the 5.2's. The Marantz has output that belies it's low output specs, and the 5.2's are efficient enough to get the most out of the Marantz, provided you're not looking for you don't need to be super-aggressive with the volume knob.

The KG-4's are 4 ohm. I'd feel more comfortable if someone else chimed in with their thoughts about powering KG-4's with a 20 wpc vintage receiver.

A few years ago my one brother at the time had a 40 watt per side Consonance M100SE integrated tube amp driving a pair of Klipsch KG 5.5s without any power restrictions whatsoever...FWIW!

And my other brother just received from an eBay auction a mint '77 Marantz 2226 stereo receiver from its original owner today. At the moment he's replacing burned out fuse bulbs and cleaning it up a bit; once he tries it out on his system (Infinity and DCM towers), he may let me have a go at it with my '03 RB-75s and our dad's '79 Cornwalls. Should be a real treat...and I'm sure you'll have no regrets with your 2220B and whatever Klipsch you decide to use.

post-11084-13819338984994_thumb.jpg

I owned and then set up my nephew (college graduation present) with a 2240 and KG 3.5's. I tired out every receiver I had (about 10) and that was the best match.

These 2200 series work very well with Klipsch.

Got get it.