Klipsch Racing Sponsorship?

HarryO

Thanks !

I can't believe how much interest it's getting. I've had some PMs and emails wanting it.

I had a few of these and if I can find more I'll consider letting a few of them go. I ran across this one by accident looking for a tie pin this morning.

Harry

OB,

I got these from a former Klipsch rep when I was buying a lot of speakers.

If I understand correctly Klipsch DID a sponsorship/was a sponsor. I never asked the significance of the pin. Partial- KLI psch, Klipsch Loudspeakers Inc, I have no idea OB. I'd like to know also.

Harry

• Moderators

Read this for a little more info..... http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=9218&FS=IRL Is this the same Fred Klipsch we all know????

According to this http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/personinfo/FromPersonIdPersonTearsheet.jhtml?passedPersonId=1102329 I would think it is the same Fred Klipsch.

This is really cool info....AND Harry I would really like one of those pins.

• Moderators

Yes, Klipsch used to sponsor an Indy car. I'm not sure exactly why we got out of it, but I do know a lot of things have changed down at the track over the past several years.

• Moderators

I saw Fred at lunch today and asked him about this.... we sponsored driver John Paul in '97-98, and he recalled that he lead about 20 of the last 50 laps at the Indy 500 until something went wrong with the car...

Anyway, there you go.

I saw Fred at lunch today and asked him about this.... we sponsored driver John Paul in '97-98, and he recalled that he lead about 20 of the last 50 laps at the Indy 500 until something went wrong with the car...

Anyway, there you go.

Probably blew a tweeter.[:D]

Klipsch used to sponsor an Indy car? Very cool.

A forum poll would be interesting. If the choice were up to forum members would Klipsch sponsor a car at Indy or NASCAR?

Neither! NHRA Drag Racing .... Loud music & fast(est) cars are the way to go! Besides, for what it would cost to become an Associate sponsor in IRL/NASCAR/ChampCar you could be a Primary sponsor in Drag Racing (MORE EXPOSURE ON THE CAR, TRANSPORTER & CREW UNIFORMS). 

Most of the teams that have hospitality areas right next to their pit area have big flat screens and sound systems set up in them and many have a separate 

souind system set up in the pit area where the crew works on the car. So why would this be better than the other racing series you ask?

Well, when you go to a drag race you (the fan-sumer) get access to the pit area that is MUCH less restrictive than the other

racing seriies and you can get right up to the pit/hospitality areas where you (prospective buyer) will be able to HEAR AND SEE these set ups. Heck, JVC has

realized this advantage that drag racing has and signed a sponsorship deal with a Pro Stock team and is supplying the team with lotsa audio & video gear

to use in their hospitality and pit areas. Then there is the fact that drag racing fans are extremely brand loyal to companies that support the sport.

Just my 2 abes worth.

peace, mitch

I must have been on the team right before or right after that time. I helped Mann Motorsports in the pits with the data acquistion. Actually suited up in the pits for the race one year. Just saw Dave Mann today around lunchtime.

Ours were the years the cars were pink and purple!

Just checked my track credentials, I worked with them 90-92, in my accounting days. Fun times- in 91 we came in 10th and finished the race I believe. Good times in the motor coach with driver, owners and the Swedish bikini team if memory serves.....

M

Anyway, there you go.

Tweeking Fred's memory a bit more it was Tyce 'T-Bone' Carlson in 1997 ......

post-14031-13819339111234_thumb.jpg