R-3650-Ws in a 20ft by 40ft room?

STL

Can't answer your question, but your 40' is a multiple of your 20'. There have been comments here that that will cause acoustical problems. There is a best smaller dimension for the 40' length. Someone should be able to tell you what it is. Will your R-3650-Ws fill that smaller space? Lets hope your ceiling isn't 10'

That's a good point, I forgot all about that. I need to pull out my of books on room design. I'm just helping a friend who helping his brother put in a HT and those are the room figures he gave me. I think it's a basement so I doubt the ceiling is 10'.

That's what I was kind of afriad of (and hence why I asked here). The problem is stepping up to their R-3800-W only yields 1 more db of effeciency (and it has the some power handling capacity).

Well 5800s don't offer any additional power handling either. Anyhow, it's a moot point because my friend just said he already made the purhcase. He is using in-walls for the front three and rear center and in-ceilings for the side surrounds. I'm not sure if he went with the 3650s or the some new old-stock SCR/W-2s that I found.

He did say that he rounded up on the room measurements, so it not quite as big as he told me. I'm not sure what he decided to do for the sub, but I suggest one of these: http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=536&SO=2