DFW Hornheads gathering in Plano, TX - SEPTEMBER 23RD!

eq_shadimar

I will be having a DFW Hornheads gathering at my house in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Plano, TXon Sunday August 5th September 23rd.

It will start around 11:00 AM and go to whenever.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I will supply massively yummy eats including some sort of cooked meat. For drinks I will concoct some sort of house drink and will supply water and iced tea other than that it will be BYOB. You are also free to bring your own massively yummy treats as well [;)]

We can discuss details as the date nears but I wanted to send this out ASAP so people can pencil in the date.

As a reminder I have two systems that we can play with:

System 1 (Javabean Entertainment Room):

5 Cornwalls, SVS subs, 65" CRT, mix of solid state and tubes, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, turntable

System 2 (Mad Tom Studios Cinema):

5 Heresys, SVS sub, 132" 2.35 Cinemascope screen with 720p LCD front projector, all digital amp, DVD, HD-DVD, original Xbox

Let me know if you are interested.

Laters,

Jeff

I heard the cornwall system last time, and the theater room was not made yet. The cornwalls are augmented with 2 or maybe 3 svs subs, everything is quality amped and man is it fun! I hope to be there jeff, if not, know I am there in spirit. Anyone within their personal driving distances of Plano, TX owes it to themselves to check it out, Jeff is a great host.

I heard the cornwall system last time, and the theater room was not made yet.  The cornwalls are augmented with 2 or maybe 3 svs subs, everything is quality amped and man is it fun!  I hope to be there jeff, if not, know I am there in spirit.  Anyone within their personal driving distances of Plano, TX owes it to themselves to check it out, Jeff is a great host.

Indeed Oldltimer, anyone near by owes it to themself to stop by.
Jeff is a great guy and extremely knowledge, I just hope I won' t have to work that day  so I can stop by,

Sounds like a great time. I'd love to experience both rooms. Almost makes me miss living in Plano which I left in 1994 after living there 5 years. Have a great day.

Me too,I left in 91,still miss boating at lake Lavon every weekend.If I lived in the area I'd be there,sounds like a good time

Ok it looks like August 5th is becoming a bad date even for the few people who responded to the orginal invitation. I am flexible and the date really does not matter to me so lets do another poll.

When in August or September would be a good time for everyone to have a gathering at my house in Plano?

Respond back here or in the DFW_Hornheads Yahoo group.

Thanks!

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Jeff:

Hope you guys have a great time, I sure did a few years back. With the damage I did to my ear this past January, I will never be able to enjoy another high SPL musical environment again, so carry on....and thanks again for letting me be a part of it! I will remember it fondly...and miss it!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Once again a good time was had by all. Jeff is the consummate host. Much was learned by all of us, thanks to Jeff; and his new HT private screening room is a very nice example of what can be done in a fairly small space. It is truly impressive. Not only all that, but the food was also top notch. Thanks Jeff.

Once again a good time was had by all. Jeff is the consummate host. Much was learned by all of us, thanks to Jeff; and his new HT private screening room is a very nice example of what can be done in a fairly small space. It is truly impressive. Not only all that, but the food was also top notch. Thanks Jeff.

Ditto. I was sure blown away by the difference between HD-DVD and SD-DVD. Unfreaking believable. And Jeff makes some of the best beans this side of the Pecos! Thanks Jeff!