What are these?

crawbeaird1

Hey Jeff, How did you determine the crossover and tweeters were bad? Were they Biamped? You'd have to remove the speaker terminal assembly off and see if any wires were cut.A lot of these units will be "cob jobbed" to suit whoever thinks they know what they're doings, interpretation of a schematic Check your voice coils on the bad tweeters with a meter. If in fact your tweeters are bad you can get them from many places. I get mine from Bob Crites a forum member here. If you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me. I can send you pics or schematics if wanted. Mark

It's a bad habit that I got into a long time ago... I take just about everything I have , apart to see what makes it tick! I learned a lot and it also cost me $ (to have somebody put it back together, with me looking over their shoulder! I'm 6'5" and#290, they said they didn't mind) too..!

I took the crossover out of the cabinet and hooked the terminals up individually to speakers that I knew worked. I then changed the diaphrams, hooked up a different Xover, reassembled everything, and WAH-LA they crank..!!!! I had to shut my garage door before MR. POLICEMAN showed up..!

I'm currently working w/Mr. Crites and Mr Coultier (I hope I spelled that right!) on fixin' the crossovers and diaphrams..!

Thanks to all, Jeff...