CWs found a home

HarryO

About six months ago I sold a pair of my CBRs I picked up in Chicago last fall to a local buddy. They weren't the prettiest CWs around but still presentable. Wednesday I picked up some new Definitive Technology BP2006 powered towers and CLR 2002 Center. Beautiful and great sounding speakers. My buddy with the CWs wanted them and offered to trade the CWs back for the Def Tec. All was well until his wife came home from work last night. His wife who hates the looks of the CWs in HER living room put the nix on the trade. She has adopted the CWs and won't listen to any other speaker they own. She griped very loudly about the looks of the CWs when they got them until she heard them.

My buddy can buy the Def Tecs but the CWs will stay in her living room. The CWs are now hers. She griped very loudly about getting rid of HER speakers.

Funny how a person can get attached to a pair of ugly old speakers.

Harry

A person would have to know these friends to appreciate the situation here. He's an audio nut like most of us here. She is a "good wife" that basically just puts up with his "hobby?". She's always just turned her head to his buying old audio items and occasionally watched a movie with him on their home theater. Pretty decent HT. Denon 3800 I think, Denon Nice DVD, and a better line Bose. Nice but not great IMO. The CWs are the fronts now and I guess she's been listening to them during the day while he works. She's definitely taken to the CWs. I think she's turned into a "closet audiophile" and was very reluctant to admit it. She's adamant about the CWs staying.

The Cornwalls turned me into a Klipsch nut also. I understand where she is coming from. My buddy and I are just in shock at her stance on these old speakers. Like he said last night " I never saw this coming"

Yep, Gotta love her.

Harry