Tribs! I call Tribs!

jtnfoley

;)

Tribs!

Well, I finally got my La Scalas... not for $275, but at a perfectly acceptable price.

1983, Lacquered Birch, consecutive serial numbers, original owner. AA crossover networks. I'd say 9/10 cosmetic condition.

These include cane grills with a beveled finish treatment I'd not seen before. Pics to follow (tonight/tomorrow) if anybody cares to see them.

Congratulations on your La Scalas!

I'm glad to see you have a sense of humor about the "Dibs" fiasco. My earlier comments regarding "dibs" on the forum were not directed to you, or anyone else, personally, I was merely sharing my opinion regarding what I believe are the strategic limitations of such a tactic on a forum that is open to the public, which includes forum members as well as the unwashed masses.

Congratulations on your La Scalas!

I'm glad to see you have a sense of humor about the "Dibs" fiasco. My earlier comments regarding "dibs" on the forum were not directed to you, or anyone else, personally, I was merely sharing my opinion regarding what I believe are the strategic limitations of such a tactic on a forum that is open to the public, which includes forum members as well as the unwashed masses.

Oh, I've got a pretty thick skin. I chuckled for a good ten minutes reading the PIBS! thread.

As for calling dibs here... I figured I was only defending the sale price against a repeat of my "Dude! You have any idea how much those are worth?" experience (when I lost my cheap Boston CraigsList KHorns.) I'm sure that person was being earnest when he killed my sale (I WAS first respondent on that one) and not malicious...

That is, were I the first respondent on the $275 La Scalas I did not want a good intentioned person from here to accidentally start a bidding war, as may have happened with the KHorns. Were I NOT first respondent on them then I know I already lost. And, YES for those who will undoubtedly make the obvious observation, I knew I was running the risk of a bid war with a forum troll, but was banking on my perception of the honesty of this population of enthusiasts.

Pics this morning.

Left:

Left speaker

Right:

Right Channel

Right Cane Closeup:

Right Cane Closeup

Overall of my conservative little theater... gotta work on room treatments... (and baseboard!)

Screenwall

And, the beast who flees when the La Scalas' power up. Could not even get him to sit for a pose in front of the Las Scalas...

The Beast!

Oh... and the seller indicated that he'd gone through EV, JBL, K-Horns, and others before settling on the La Scalas in 83.

He also indicated that he's got a lifetimes' collection of goodies he's going to be unearthing from storage during his retirement/downsizing exercise... He specifically listed dynaco monoblocks, tubes, etc, and he was an early adopter of Home Theater so he's got several CRT projectors (it's all about the analog ;) ) which I'm also quite familiar with... Odds are good I'll be brokering his purge.