LaScala LS-GBs For Sale/trade

HarryO

I'm selling a pair of LaScala Pro speakers. Black Glass cabs working excellent. Need them gone ASAP. No room just to store them. I'll pull them out of storage and get pics this afternoon. They're in good shape, original, complete and working excellent.

I really don't like the Pro Model sound and I'm going to use them in my living room so the Pro has to Go. (referred to previously in "Where's the beef" post)

I'll trade for some nice wooden home LS or ?

Harry

hbailey1@earthlinknet

maybe a road trip is in order.

I am looking for some LS-BG's and i have some nice 1978 birch RAW LaScala's which are now a light walnut.  I upgraded the 1978's with AL-3, k-77-m's, k-55-M's, the k-401, and the new stype  k-33's.

Email me you address, let me Mapquest it.

SF,

I just got in. Had to do my shipping from the weekend Ebay, go to the auction, store, house, load the big, heavy sob's in the back of my Nissan PU truck, unload, send you the pics, feed the kid. Morning is done.

Your time frame works for me. If you want to do this, just call DIBBS !!!

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a pair of LS-GB's.

Didn't matter if it was split or one piece.  

Timing was perfect....recently restored some 1978 RAW birch which were in great condition, stained walnut, and I upgraded to AL-3, K-55-M, K-401's, Square mag woofers...which I was about to put up for sale.  Also had the 2004's that I wanted to sell.

I delivered the 1978's to Harry and the 2004's to Kyle, brought back the LS-GB's.  

The LS-GB's are 1981 models with AA xovers, K-55-V's, and at some point after 1992 were upgraded with K-43's. 

I need to upgrade these to AL-3's or better, install k-55-m's, and upgrade the woofer to a K-45.   

I'm on the look out for a set of AL-3's.

"upgrade the woofer to a K-45. "

How do you consider that an 'upgrade'? K43 is the CORRECT woofer for that cabinet.

Same way PWK did before the age of measurements....trial and error. I tried it, I liked it.

The K-43 was already determined to be adequate for LaScala's by Klipsch. It took the power handling to 200 watts depending on which method you use to measure it.

The K-45 interest me due to it's power handling at 400 watts. I'ved installed the K-45 in various versions of the LaScala and in all cases I have found it to be superior to the K-43 or the K-33.

Anyone worried about the K-45 shaking the LaScala dog house apart can simply soak the inside of the dog house with clear fiber glass resign as used on wooden boats.