Scoutmaster in Da House

jcmusic

Hi Mike, The differences are many it is a little to early to pass judgment. After the cartridge breaks in I will do a more detailed review. Yes I went with the standard JMW 9 arm, and no accessories as of now. I think I will just kick back and enjoy it as it is for a while.

post-21005-138193394897_thumb.jpg

jay,

man you have come along way in the last year. it seems like just yesterday you were asking if there was a big difference between klipsh and bose [:D].

that tt looks awesome. you have a killer system and i bet it sounds insane.

please post your thoughts in the coming weeks about the cart you are using.

i am using a 10x5 and am thinking about upgrading, even though its less than a year old, but the more i read over at aa the more i just know i need to upgrade or i won't get into audio heaven.

you need to play wilco "sky blue sky" on your system. it's my new favorite album of the week. even on my rega it sounds great and it also comes with the cd. with your tt it will have to sound out of this world!

again great system you have and i hope you sit back and enjoy it for many years.

danny

Danny, you are correct in your description of my journey. I have come a ways in the last year or so, but after the TT I think I am finished for now. Now I will just listen for the time being, and buy more vinyl. I will post again after I have spent more time with the new table.

Jay

Jay,

Welcome to the club and I am quite sure you will be pleased. I am curious however as the center clamp. Mine looks much different than yours and was wondering if that is one you already had or if it cam that way.

Mine is very noce so no complaints but just curious.

Congrats and enjoy!

Barry

Hi Barry, No that's a Keith Monk clamp that I already had. My Scoutmaster came with the black screw on type, this one is just a little easier to put on and take off. I am in the process of breaking in the cartridge, so alot of LP's are going on and off. BTW are you using the anti skate on yours? I am not and have had no problems so far.

Jay

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I think it is time for my review of my Scoutmaster. It took about 40 hours or so for the Dyna 20X to start opening up, after which I started to notice alot of little things going on in the music as I listened. The soundstage is large and the music alive, this would be just one description of what I am hearing. The closer I listen the more I hear, it is pretty easy to pick out all the different instruments in the music as I listen. One of the biggest improvements in the sound is the resolution between the instuments and the detail of the music. The music is so much cleaner and with greater seperation, that I can not stop listening to it. The overall sound quality is wonderful, and I am very happy with it as is. The thing now is to get the best music that I can to reproduce. The quality of the record now is so much more important than before, because of the detail this combo brings out. I have some LP's that just don't sound very good on this TT, and I have some that are just amazing. I am looking forward to years of listen pleasure with this setup, now it is time to kick back and buy some vinyl and enjoy the music.

Jay