Hey fini, check this out!

jheis

James,

I just saw that in an email from Amazon! I wonder how it'll compare sonically to the original release. Looks like Shout Factory is strictly digital, so no LP on this one.

You gettin' it? BTW, have you checked out The Last Record Store on Mendocino, just North of the JC? Great shop!

"Digitally recorded and remastered from the original analog tapes,..." So, no doesn't sound like there's going to be a vinyl release. I read that some of the tracks are reordered. Apparently the original order was set up for the time constraints of the LP.

I'll probably get it - eventually - once the price drops. I have a hard time forking over 20 bucks for a CD.

Yeah, I know The Last Record Store (I think they used to be at 4th & E), but haven't been in there in a while - tends to lighten the wallet too much. [*-)]

James

Check that. Apparently there is a LP version. I just found a "Soundstage" review:

http://www.soundstage.com/gold07.htm

James,

I think that review compares the original '86 release with a '96 release. I don't see mention of this latest 2007 offering, or the "prviously unreleased" songs it contains. Am I missing something? I do have an original vinyl pressing.

If you like that one check out "Tower of Song, the Songs of Leonard Cohen. This is a compilation album and includes Don Henley doing "Everybody Knows", Sting and the Chieftains singing "Sisters of Mercy" , Bonos "Hallelujah" is killer, Susan Vega raises goosebumps with "Story of Issac and of course, Wilie Nelson with "Bird on A Wire" .

Also don't pass up Jennifer Warnes "The Well". I especially love her cover of Tom Wait's "Invitation to the Blues" Two nights ago I tossed on a minty lp of hers called "Shot Through the Heart". You'll lover her version of "Don't Make Me Over".

If you like that one check out "Tower of Song, the Songs of Leonard Cohen.  This is a compilation album and includes Don Henley doing "Everybody Knows", Sting and the Chieftains singing "Sisters of Mercy" , Bonos "Hallelujah" is killer, Susan Vega raises goosebumps with  "Story of Issac and of course, Wilie Nelson with "Bird on A Wire" .

Also don't pass up Jennifer Warnes "The Well". I especially love her cover of  Tom Wait's "Invitation to the Blues"  Two nights ago I tossed on a minty lp of hers called "Shot Through the Heart".  You'll lover her version of "Don't Make Me Over".

Available on vinyl? 

If you like that one check out "Tower of Song, the Songs of Leonard Cohen. This is a compilation album and includes Don Henley doing "Everybody Knows", Sting and the Chieftains singing "Sisters of Mercy" , Bonos "Hallelujah" is killer, Susan Vega raises goosebumps with "Story of Issac and of course, Wilie Nelson with "Bird on A Wire" .

Also don't pass up Jennifer Warnes "The Well". I especially love her cover of Tom Wait's "Invitation to the Blues" Two nights ago I tossed on a minty lp of hers called "Shot Through the Heart". You'll lover her version of "Don't Make Me Over".

Available on vinyl?

I guess not as far as Tower of Song but I did run across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JENNIFER-WARNES-sings-LEONARD-COHEN-ISRAELI-LP_W0QQitemZ300138226227QQihZ020QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Famous Blue Raincoat is itself famous as an audiophile-approved disc. Of course, I just like the music. Jennifer is one of my favorite female vocalists (kd lang is right up there, too).

James,

I think that review compares the original '86 release with a '96 release. I don't see mention of this latest 2007 offering, or the "prviously unreleased" songs it contains. Am I missing something? I do have an original vinyl pressing.

Don't know - I just followed a link from Jennifer Warnes' site. I haven't seen any reference to a vinyl version other than the off-hand remark in the review. I assumed he was talking about the new release - could be wrong - won't be the first time.

James

• 5 months later...