Switching over to Klipsch but need advice...

Jake812

I recently borrowed my friends Kv-2 center channel speaker, I was just using a cheap one before and I am amazed how nice it sounds. He said he would give me that and a pair of KG 3.2's for 450 dollars, I was thinking about it because I like the sound of all 3 but what do you guys think? I was told why not just go with a pair of KSF-8.5's? I don't know what I wanna do now.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks a lot!

Jake

Keith, I thought you would never get rid of those 5.5's. Are we talkin' you are a straight-up KSP convert. I know the KSP's are great, but how can you give up that live feel of the KG's? Of course, what am I doing preachin'. I sold my KG's and bought 2 sets of Cornwalls. Also picked up a set of Hersey's too. Can't sell the KLF30's though. They do sound similar to the Cornwalls with that "live" feeling.

Jake, If you are anywhere near Keith, take him up on the deal. Great price and good people. And take the C7. You won't be disappointed.

Well Flason,I hate to sell them.It's just that I don't use them much.I was going to keep them to use with the new C-7 I have and either/or the S-6's and KT-DS dipole surrounds.Have extra subs too.The stuff is littering up the house!

The KG's are good for either HT or music,but excell for music.The room full of KSP's simply blow the KG's away for HT.You can feel the T-Rex growl/vibs to your toes.Of course,the KSP's lose the sizzle,which I like.The 5.5's are simply good speakers,IMO,but I don't need them,plain and simple.Have more under the bed and in my ex-walk-in closet!

Happy Holidays,

Keith

Are they gonna take ya long to sell do you think? What color are the ones you have? Music is what I love, a big thing is HT for me though. If I went with your 5.5's I wouldn't have a center channel, which would kinda suck for movies! or could I use my Tv for center? I think the KV-2 would be sooo much better though. I also need a sub, but are the 5.5's good for bass?

Thx,

Jake

Thanks a million for the suggestions guys, Now if only keith will respond. =) I am pretty new at this though, the only thing is I will have 400 dollars to spend at best buy (yes I know, stupid me) and I was curious what I should get if I get these 5.5's. I was thinking either a center channel or the jbl pb12, what would you guys get w/ 400 dollars from best buy if you were getting the 5.5's?

Thx again!

Jake

Jake,that's the best I can do for the 5.5's.Would be cost prohibitive to ship them from my home to your's.The speakers weigh 69 pounds each,and would more than likely not fare well that distance.I would suggest looking around locally or within driving distance to your home for some 5.5's.They are good speakers and I personally would not pay the difference in cost for KLF's.I would even suggest looking for a pair or two of Klipsch KG2.5's.They were highly reviewed years ago and are easy to find.Add a KV-2 or KV-3 and a decent sub and you're in bidness.Other than that I might suggest you check with Ross for a good suggestion.He seems to be full of them lately.

Let me know if I can help Jake.Good luck and stay in school.

Keith

Oh yea,at the top of the page click 'products',then 'home audio',then 'classics'for specs of the aforementioned speakers.

And yes,the KG5.5's have very good bass and the KLF-C7 would be a much better center but the KV series centers would work well if on a budget.

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 12-27-2001 at 12:27 PM