Synergy SUB-10 Bad Amplifier??

chesco9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klipsch sub 10 amplifier goes dead after a couple of days in use is not just a known issue but a perinial problem since this line initiated its production. unluckily, i am one of those thousands of casualties of this amplifier related problem on this unit. and its a big question why klipsch has'nt address to this particular issue on their product. since they obviously know this problem, they still selling and exporting this units as far as europe and asia instead of recalling all those production batch as what other companies usually do. klipsch maybe outstanding in making speaker system but they re not with such components electronic product.

Yes, you have seen a lot of posts about bad amps on this sub. Add me to the list, then ask yourself:

DO YOU SEE A TREND HERE?????????

It would be very nice if you would just send us a new amp for the freight cost only, as it appears Klipsch or BASH is mostly responsible for providing faulty amps. Something just isn't right about this problem having been reported by so many.

Of course, mine is also just past 2 years old. It has been out for months but I had it turned way down to appease my wife, so I didn't notice until I was moving stuff around and noticed the light was out. Wife said the light had been out for months but she thought I had turned it OFF, not down. My bad. I quit trying new fuses.

HELP

I can try to take the sub back to Best Buy, but I don't want to lie to them. The brochure that came with the sub clearly states that the warranty is 5 years on speakers, but only 2 years on components with amplifiers. Maybe if I just take the unit and the receipt they will get it fixed, and Klipsh might even honor the warranty beyond the 2 years since they know there is a manufacturing defect and might prefer to repair them as the complaints come up rather than sending out a massive--and very expensive recall. I don't feel I should even have to pay $60, but its better than buying another sub.

Klipsch, do you read these posts and ignore them hoping they'll go away, or will you reply and help us?

I have owned my Klipsch Synergy Sub 10 for about 3.5 years it rattled and was putting out horrible sound like 2 months after I bought it so i just shut it off for a long time and kind of forgot about it .. then i realized i had a 3 yr warranty plan through best buy .. brought it in to Best Buy and they sent it to Klipsch .. i spoke to the person who repaired it and the entire board was replaced because it was defective... got my sub back and didnt really use it until about 2 weeks ago .. so after using my newly repaired sub for about 10 days i shut it off using the little switch on the back because a roommate was sleeping .. the fuse blew and apparently something was also wrecked in the amplifier because it blows any replacement fuse i try to put in it .. 8 fuses later still cant get it to power on .. called klipsch he said if its blowing fuses instantly like that the amp has something wrong with it .. again !! they said u can get a refurbished amp for 60 bucks by sending urs back to us with a 90 day warranty ... or u can buy a new one for 160 with a 1 yr warranty .. I told him sorry man i dont trust ur amplifiers and im not spending another dime on this sub because it will probably just break a week into use... if u are having these same issues i would recommend just buying a new product rather than wasting more money on repairing the ones u have

They sound great when they are working .. unfortunately the amps break like mad!

• 2 weeks later...

i too have the same issue....I have the Sub10 which I purchased in June 2006, for awhile now i notice that i was not getting much sound out of the sub but thought I had a setting issue on the receive, I finally got some time off work and was messing around with it I found that the settings were all correct and it appeared to be an issue with the sub. Placed the call into Klipsch and found the same $60 answer.....

now i am faced with the question...$60 for a replacement of a known problem that will likely go out again in the near future and only carries a 90 day warranty.....it's a catch 22....

the sub was expensive on the front end but I don't want to drop $60 *plus shipping bad AMP into Klipsch* everyyear...there has got to be a better solution that this!!!

what-to-do...oh what-to-do!!!!

Klipsch, do you read these posts and ignore them hoping they'll go away, or will you reply and help us?

I have to say I spoke with Travis at Klipsch, he was very helpful, understanding, and direct with what the problem was and what the remedy was. I don't like that I have to shell out money to get a part fixed that is a know issue, and only have it replaced with an identical part that may be a known issue...but as far as Kipsch goes they were great on the phone.......i'll probably try it one time and if that doesn't last I will migrate away from klipsch for the sub at least.

I decided against the 2nd repair of my Klipsch amplifier on my synergy 10 inch sub ... I just went on Newegg and purchased a 10 inch sub from polk audio on newegg for 99 dollars .. I found this to be a safer alternative just dont have much faith in something that broke for no reason twice already..

My 3 year service plan ran out from best buy and they wont do anything about it .. Klipsch obviously is dodging this issue and making money off of us .. not going to waste anymore time on the phone with service reps that wont help me unless i want to pay to get it fixed.. so Polk audio here i come

Here call this REP at KLIPSCH she is this forum moderator SHE will help you out and anyone here with a problem....

[personal info deleted - that's not how to get service]

Email me
Amy's Blog

avatar.aspx?userid=4329&lastmodified=633

Maybe when those who work for Klipsch in indianapolis get enough people calling them about this issue maybe something will happen, if not let them know Class Action Lawsuits seem to get things rolling for those who get taken advantage of!

For fans of Klipsch, there is no answer to this question. You simply find a way.

I received the following email from one such fan who knew what it meant as early as 10 years old. Thank you, Mark, for reminding us all of why we do what we do!

Hello and Merry Christmas,

Klipsch................ oh what a wonderful product, I was 10 years old cutting grass in the old neighborhood for 5 dollars a yard to get my ultimate dream... its name was Cornwall. Wow, what a day that was back in 1976 when my mother took me into Gary's Audio in Richmond VA and I spent 900 dollars on 2 speakers... I hooked them up to a David Hafler amp and preamp and was instantly the pride of the neighborhood with Led Zeppelin ripping the highs out of that horn and those oh so wonderful paper woofers, wow what bass they had!! I remember that day so well, but father time doesn't wait nor slow for anyone as we all get older and concentrate on our family and loves.

Even at 43 years old how excited still am I to get home, turn on the Yamaha and listen to the sounds that come from my Klipsch RF-7s and KLF10s, wow is all that can be said!! How lucky we are to have such a wonderful line of precision audio loudspeakers and crisp movie surround sounds in our own homes for our personal enjoyment that has been here for me as early as 10 years old to 43. WOW CAN YOU SAY WOW!!!

With that said, yes, I am a fan. Keep the products coming, keep the quality that has made Klipsch as much a part of my life as my family has, and as a company, strive for the commitment that Paul Klipsch put into every speaker he made...

Have a great Christmas everyone,

Mark Simpson

"There's just no replacement for spending the time and effort necessary to obtain perfection"

Attachment: Lifetime.jpg (413063 bytes)

those were the days I remember back when I dreamt about being able to afford a "KLIPSCH" Product.........TOO BAD that TODAY's KLIPSCH Product is made in ASIAN Rim countries with Sub-standard Components or Lack of ISO 9001 Quality Controls!..............Old Man Klipsch would be angry that His Product Namesake was No Longer AMERICAN MADE!...AND PROBLEMATIC!

I agree, i thought I would be getting a system that would last me for years...sadly just after the short 2 year warranty the $400 sub is a large paper weight unless I pay an additional $60.... I am not all that upset about the $60 plus shipping but the fact that it only holds a 90 day warranty is the thing that scares me most. will I be wasting my $60 plus shipping???

I had a Yamaha 10 " sub for 1/2 the price that is over 10 years old and still sounds decent I gave to my dad when I got the Klipsch in 2006 ----should have kept the Yamaha......

• 9 months later...

If Klipsch is still offering the replacement amp for $60. please someone tell me who to talk to, because I called Klipsch a few days ago, and they told me my options were: $160. for a new amp from them. Or send it to Sybesma's Electronics in Holland MI, and they repair or send me a refurbished amp for $120. Vanns online currently has the Sub 10 for $249.00 with no tax or shipping. I don't really want to drop $250. right now, and I damn sure don't want to spend half that for a repair, but if I could get away with only $60. I would walk awy happy.