Buzzing vs. Hissing

Eagertobuy

I've had my Pros for about half a year now, and I am very pleased with its performance.

However, I am starting to get a noticeable buzz from my rear sats during standby and during music playing that is def. more than audible. Buzzing is different from hissing, right?

I searched the archives and there was some dude who spilled water on his, but I've babied my Klipsch's. In fact, they're dust free since I still cover them with the original plastic wrap!

Sometimes the buzzing is pretty loud- any tips anyone?

Cheers!

thanx

Take the plastic off... lol. Just kidding, you do take the plastic off, right?!

Don't waste another second on the board, just call or e-mail for support.

The number and e-mail address is plastered all over the board.

Good luck!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

• Moderators

Do they buzz when the computer is off?

Have you tried unplugging them (both from the wall and the soundcard) and plugging them back in to see if that helps?

Also, check for any cable interference, such as the mouse or keyboard cable.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

I have found that if you have a loose connection where your speakers connect to the soundcard, ie... a poor quality socket in your soundcard, that causes a buzzing. I took my plug out, and reinserted it until I found a position where the buzzing went away.

Recently though, I bought a new soundcard (soundblaster live). No more troubles.

troyc642

Thanks guys for the quick replies- yes, I do take the plastic off when I play 'em smile.gif.

The buzzing noise is rather finicky- it only comes out of one of the sats, and I just checked, and the noise disappeared- sometimes it's loud and sometimes it's inaudible.

All connections are tight, and pretty sure not soundcard. As for interference, if it were interference, would it just come out of one satellite?

Thanks everyone!