Making the Klipsch sound better

Mr_Ust

I've owned a set of v.2-400's for a few months now, and I'm very happy with them, but I am one of the few people that get the crackling sound out of my front speakers, especially when I change the volume. It's been getting worse lately. I hear that the CP-1 upgrade can help with this. Does anyone have a link to where I can buy this? I took a brief look around the Klipsch page, and I guess I missed it.

I've also heard rumours that when you use 16 gauge speaker wire the sound quality improves substantially. Has anyone tried this? Can anyone confirm? I'll probably try this out since the wire would only cost $10 at Radio Shack.

I have experienced good results upgrading speaker cables on my home theater.

Never tried it on my pc.

Rule of thumb is "you get what you pay for."

I would suggest, if you are going to upgrade, go for Monster cable.

Crackling, it could be interference in the switch, I had that happen on another volume control before.

troyc642

i'd say no need for brand-name cabling. just buy some generic heavy-gauge, that'll do.

people claim they hear differences between generic and brand-name speaker cables, but that's on really expensive systems.

I don't think the Promedia's level of performance warrants the additional investment.