Denon 3300 and Digital/Analog

TKA

My 3300 plays music and DvDs in analog but not in digital. I am assuming that the CDs should play in analog but I would think the DVDs should be digital. In an earlier post someone mentioned that you have to set up the digital funtion at the time you play the DVD, but I could not find any way of doing that. Any suggestions?

Thanks

TKA

TKA,

Do you have your DVD connected to your receiver via coaxial cable into your Denon's single Digital input? If you do, then you go into yor setup menu (OSD) and select your DVD player as being the Digital input device. On your DVD player (I have a Toshiba) you go to audio and I click Bitstream on my toshiba. Bitstream is what passes the DTS/DD/Digital singal from the DVD player to your receiver. Have you been playing your DVD's in DD or DTS?

I play my CD's on my DVD player and On my receiver if I put it in Auto function (LHS where the red lights are) this will pass the digital signal. I can also hit analog and play my CD's in the Analog mode as well. I hope this helps you

Hi TKA - Yes, you must use either the coax or TOSLINK for your Denon to get the digital signal from your DVD player. Incidentally, that is also the only way you'll get Dolby Digital 5.1 (or DTS) sound, unless you are using the 6 analog outs on the DVD player into the 6 analog ins on the Denon.

As far as music quality between the analog and digital connections, let your ears be the judge. Personally, I had a hard time hearing any difference.

TKA,

Get yourself a coaxial cable and hook it up to your receiver. And What Doug said, let your ears be the judge. I have an old Sony CD player analog only (1993 model) and When playing CD's on that vs my DVD player the difference is minimal at best or psychological thinking I should be hearing something different