When does a hobby overtake you...

Klipschfoot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did Romy the Cat figure out about the Klipsch forum, and that he was being featured on it?

You'll notice it was about 3 hours after the first reference to his website?

Kind of interesting he "found" it so quickly in light of his comment "Yes, it is very far from the Klipschs level of audio inelegance"

Makes one wonder if he was a closet lurker or perhaps has a spy amongst us?

[:|]

Either way, he's clearly keeping tabs on our forum so we should be flattered.

[Y]

Paul, you haven't been around long enough to have seen this before. No one picked up on my Analogman hint!

Finally, a juicy thread in 2ch.

Even the room description reveals amazing characteristics:

"I rarely listen to music at the sweet spot and mostly do
it from any location within my room.

It sounds perfectly fine even when I'm
behind the speakers."
(my bold)

Larry,

Even if it isn't our old buddy, this guy certainly is Analogmanish. I only doubt it because of the whole translation thing going on.

Yeah, I'm having my doubts, too, especially after didn't overreact to my trying to out him (a sure sign in the past). Psychologists would have a field day trying to figure out his personality disorder -- whoever is writing the posts, that is. But someone is swift, sure and clever in developing a new forum identity.

Fortunately, a brilliant forum detective is on the case!

Larry

Larry,

Even if it isn't our old buddy, this guy certainly is Analogmanish.  I only doubt it because of the whole translation thing going on.

Now I love you Klipsch guys, but get out of th forum every now and then for the love of mary.   Romy is rather well known in this hobby and his posts here certainly read like those at the Asylum.  

How he heard about the Klipsch criticism, on the other hand, is an interesting question.

The TEF analysis is very tricky.

Tricky? Only to the inexperienced and uneducated.

It gives measurable data but does not present the reasoning of

the data and does not interpret the measurements in context of means,

methods and anything else.

You're right, no measurement technique does this. It takes the

intelligence of the operator to provide meaning to the data - which

involves actual experience with taking the measurements. What kind of

time-based tools have you experimented with? Care to share any of your

results? The crazy thing about measurements is there is always some

correlation to that which is percieved. I will never argue exact

correlation, but the trends are there and significant. Combined with

subjective listening analysis and application of well founded

psychoacoustic principals, one can glean a very good understanding of

the system without ever hearing the system (which is the entire purpose

in the first place).

If you were indeed familiar with TEF, you would be saying one of two

things right now. Either you would be boasting about lack of early

reflections and achieving a very natural and dense semi-reverberant

decay, or you would be exclaiming the results of an approach that

somehow avoids the blurring and reduction in clarity resulting from

comb-filtering occuring within the Haas window.

You're very proud of your setup and there is absolutely no reason why

you shouldn't be. I am sure it sounds good. The thing that has spurred

my response is the arrogance with which you disregard everyone else. So allow me to be brief and mention that just by looking at

the pictures of your system that I have absolutely no doubt that I have

heard dedicated audio systems that have sounded far superior. I should mention that they cost much less too, but

that's not really an issue when you're talking absolute supreme sound

now is it?

But ultimately, I read your review and look at

your pictures and think to myself of all the ways that the system could

be improved. And then I observe the manner in which you take criticism

and then blatantly disregard concepts that you don't understand. When

you wanna suck up your pride and bring your system to the next level,

let me know.

"The thing that has spurred my response is the arrogance with which you disregard everyone else." ??

Pot calls kettle black.  Pot calls kettle black.

Larry,

Even if it isn't our old buddy, this guy certainly is Analogmanish. I only doubt it because of the whole translation thing going on.

Now I love you Klipsch guys, but get out of th forum every now and then for the love of mary. Romy is rather well known in this hobby and his posts here certainly read like those at the Asylum.

How he heard about the Klipsch criticism, on the other hand, is an interesting question.

Kev, are saying he always talks like this?

Uselessly audio people just look at the manufacturers labels and brands and are blind to recognize the objectives and methods

OK, I will try to reply, although my post will be burden among the general adulterant idiocy that this thread has already contains.

or let me to putt in this way

Still, it is not your stress of the modern acoustics was something that picked my interest

think it is incredible stupid way of thinking or asking but it a good way to hide rationally of own judgment

Usually at this level 99% of advisers are automatically filleted out.

My link re: Oswald Bates still stands. Or should I be "filleted out" because I am "rationally of own judgment" a "burden among the general adulterant idiocy that this thread already contains" since I must fall into the category of "uselessly audio people".? Or should I "putt" it in a different way? Would that "pick" your interest?

LOL kev. If only I knew it would pick your interest and by extension that of others, I would have gesticulated my prescient verbal putting of conceptionality by way of an adulterant, no make that adulteritive pubacity in such a way as to cunnilingually stimulate the general population into cranial litterative creativity vis-a-vis keyboardian masturbation.

LOL kev. If only I knew it would pick your interest and by extension that of others, I would have gesticulated my prescient verbal putting of conceptionality by way of an adulterant, no make that adulteritive pubacity in such a way as to cunnilingually stimulate the general population into cranial litterative creativity vis-a-vis keyboardian masturbation.

LOL, thats great. You're too much!

LOL kev.  If only I knew it would pick your interest and by extension that of others, I would have gesticulated my prescient verbal putting of conceptionality by way of an adulterant, no make that adulteritive pubacity in such a way as to cunnilingually stimulate the general population into cranial litterative creativity vis-a-vis keyboardian masturbation.

Hah.  Yeah It's hilarious.  Is Oldtimer is is posting as Romy and doing a bang-up job of imitating him.?  If so, my hat is off.  Great imitation but poor use of time.  If not, I have no idea what that last post means.  Either way, Oldtimer is acting like a douchebag.

Hah. Yeah It's hilarious. Is Oldtimer is is posting as Romy and doing a bang-up job of imitating him.? If so, my hat is off. Great imitation but poor use of time. If not, I have no idea what that last post means. Either way, Oldtimer is acting like a douchebag.

Kev313 1 Oldtimer 0