AV reciever or seperates for Klipsch RF-83

AUB

Just ordered the Klipsch RF-83.....RC-64....RS-62...ans a servo-15.....should be in this Thursday......pretty keen to let'em whale !!!

But I was wondering what would be better...AV reciever (Denon 4308ci ....I was thinking) or seperates......I have the Denon 2802 right now, I hope that it is enough to run my speakers for now.......until I get something soon.

Can you add a power amp to an AV reciever or not ??.....Heard that seperates are expensive....I can get the new Denon 4308ci for about $2500 CAD.......or is that not even good enough reciever ??

I would assume that seperates are better.........but how much better......... and how much money are we talking for a good set up.

All comments welcome

Thanks

You could use the 2802 as a pre processor using the 6-channel ext out to a good amp. If you spent $2500 you'd probably be able get a good 5 channel amp with 160W+ and a THD of .03% or better. Of course you'd want to save up for a matching prepro because the 2802 is lacking in a few areas and won't look as impressive aesthetically.

The 4308 is no slouch though and I think it will fulfill most of your needs. Yo don't need lots of power to drive your speakers, but clean power is a must. The 4308 would fit nicely as the hub of your AV center and give you HDMI 1.3 support plus a lot of other goodies that the 2802 doesn't have.

I'd highly suggest you demo a system with a 4308ci and a system with separates using RF83's. I'm sure the dealer you bought from might entertain the idea seeing that he/she might make a sale.