Klipsch Headphones/Earphones

dtel's wife

Looks like the IEH market is exploding (hopefully not like the movie Scanners) recently. Just saw this announced from Pioneer.

I'd really like to audition several of these IEHs since they all seem to cost a chunk of change, but I realize that probably won't be possible.

I'm counting on my future Klipsch IEHs to hold their own against all the other players out there!

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hello guys, just wondering? Will there be independent reviews of the P.M's and also I would like to know about release date?

Mighty quiet around here!!!

Yes, we will definitely have reviews for these...I'll try to find out who.

Still looking at November...

• 5 weeks later...

I would love some over the ear style Klipsch headphones, I have the Sony MDR-V700's right now (picture below) and they are pretty decent, but i'd prefer some Klipsch headphones over my sony's, if I had Klipsch headphones i'd sell my Sony's. I'm also saving up for some custom 1's or 2's...or maybe the IMAGE...I can't decide on which ones I want price is no option for me. Any recommendations that would replace my Sony's?

Sony MDR-V700 DJ Headphones

• 1 month later...

My only issue with the IMAGE earphones is the shape. It seems like the way they are designed, they stick out of your ears the same way that Etymotics ER•4 earphones do, which in my opinion look kind of goofy.

Hi Peter... Have you tried IMAGE out yet? I am curious as to whether you still think they stick out your ears like Etys or not.

You may have underestimated how small they are. The only thing that should stick out is the rubber swoosh tail. If you have micro ear conchas this may be the exception.

If there was an interest in Klipsch Circum-Aural headphones what would you use them for most? Critical listening or gaming? Would you prefer open or closed muff designs?

I would prefer closed so that I could use them for mixing live sound (better isolation)...it would be doubly awesome if the phones could fold backwards too (to make it easier to use just one ear to solo out channels). [A]

The thing that has kept me going back to the Sony MDR's is their awesome telephone springy cord thing that keeps stuff from pulling on the cans and getting all tangled crazy like (plus the folding back of the headphones). The foam on them never lasts and the bag they come in always breaks within a couple weeks - I'm about due for another replacment now that I've got shaggy foam flying all over the place again.

I would probably opt for the IE's for enjoyment listening simply because comfort is a bigger concern. I find that both open/closed muffs get your head sweating before you can get through an entire album.

If there was an interest in Klipsch Circum-Aural headphones what would you use them for most? Critical listening or gaming? Would you prefer open or closed muff designs?

I would prefer closed so that I could use them for mixing live sound (better isolation)...it would be doubly awesome if the phones could fold backwards too (to make it easier to use just one ear to solo out channels). Angel

That is a good point Mike... I always used headphones that would bend backwards for cueing audio for DJ'ing. Of course back in those days we used 12" singles but maybe you haven't seen one. [*-)]

• 3 months later...
icon-quote.gif
customsteve01:

Amy,

You know Richard will read this and you should be really carefull when you talk about your ears around him
Confused

Steve

Oops, good call. I do so like ignoring him, though.

Looking like 7 months late?

Now that I've ordered a pair of Custom 3's, she's GOING to have to tell me their benefits... maybe she'll demonstrate them on her ear-lobes?

[:P]

Ya know...being this late to a party is almost embarassing...