La Scala Industrial?

lakedmb

Hey guys, 

I was wondering what the difference is between a regular La Scala and an Industrial La Scala?  

Also, I have been looking at pics of these and it seems that on some the top two horns are attached to the bass bin and on others they aren't.  Is this for a specific reason or anything?

Last question: The tops on some of the La Scala's seem to be a rectangle and on other industrial's they seem to make more of a horn shape.  Reason for this as well?

Sorry for so many questions, but have never looked closely at them until now.  I would love a pair of La Scala's or Belles, but want to make sure I know what I'm getting before going blindly into a purchase.

Thanks!

Industrials have a K43 heavy duty woofer. The split versions are easily bi-ampable and easier to double stack (see photo). THere are several finishs available from painted to raw to pebble paint with al trim to BG type which is black fibreglass mat with al trim (the most highly prized type).

I don't know about the shape differences in the tops. The trapezoids look way cooler, perhaps a bit lighter.

post-10755-13819344241756_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Industrials have a K43 heavy duty woofer. The split versions are easily bi-ampable and easier to double stack (see photo). THere are several finishs available from painted to raw to pebble paint with al trim to BG type which is black fibreglass mat with al trim (the most highly prized type).

I don't know about the shape differences in the tops. The trapezoids look way cooler, perhaps a bit lighter.

I have to say those stacks look much more INTIMIDATING in person ! [:|]

Thanks guys.

I have the KSM-2 big 15" monitors but they don't have the aluminum trim. I'm looking for a pair of HSM Heresy Slant Monitors, then I'd have the entire series! woohoo.

Also added KI362's this last month also. Think trapezoidal Heavy Duty Cornwalls.

BRRRMont- good one - is that new?

Awesome picture.  I meant to comment before but just sat here amazed.

Do you have pics of all of your speakers?

Oh yeah, sorry if I over looked it, but what is the going rate for some La Scala Industrials?

I have to say those stacks look much more INTIMIDATING in person ! [:|]

dtel: I SECOND the motion! Here's a shot of you, me, Michael and Indy from back in June at Colter's Place next to those LaScalas.....(Bad Boys!) LOL -Glenn

post-10177-1381934431348_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Kind of funny, just before that pic was taken, someone said look " serious ", it was all we could to not laugh !

Almost forgot, we listened to them from about 50 feet away in the driveway, after commenting how nice I thought they sounded, then Michael pointed out he had only had one pair of the LaScalas connected !

You have got to hear them outdoors, they sound great. I would to hear those big boys outdoors, if you could without the police passing by !

• Like 1

'rock star pose' was the order of the day

at 30 feet the sound melds together very nicely. the double stacks 'cut their heads off' at gigs, this is the setup I used to haul around when I was about 20 and working for Calliope Sound (now Indy Pro Audio) Biamp those babies with a stack'o'Crowns and you were definitely in business.

I wonder how much tonnage of Klipsch these four guys own between them.

Colter- 80 some Klipsch including CW, LS, KH, LSI's and MCM stacks

Indy - Khorns, quad CW's for Karaoke, 7x LSI for HT + THX subs

Glenn - RF7 7 channel setup with RSW15 and garage Heresies

Dtel- CWIII and 6 forte/forte II HT rig.

It's good to have Klipsch Brothers!

Michael

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...

black painted beaters- around $500 per pair working condition

standard one piece units in good shape $800 pair

split units good shape about $250 per box or $1000 pair

splits fibreglass aluminum trim minty shape - $1400-$1600 per pair.

Holy thread resurection............. yeah, I know.

I was researching the difference between regular and industrial LaScalas and came across this thread. I'm unfamiliar with this "fiberglass alunimum trim" industrial version mentioned in the quote. See my avatar for my Industral La Scalas. Mine are seperates/splits with the aluminum trim. What are these fiberglass versions? not mine ???

• 9 years later...

I just recently came across a pair of 1980 Industrial La Scalas with the fiberglass cabinents and aluminium trim.  Hooked them up to my vintage Sansui G-7500 rated at 90 watts .

One quarter volume will run you out of my 40ft x 45 ft living room with a 20 foot tall ceiling . So clear . Bass is way better than I expected . I'm thinking about a tube amp . Does anyone have experience with tubes and La Scallas ? Will it be much difference from my Sansui ? Any info greatly appreciated .

I gave $700 for the pair . Worth every penny .

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Michael 420 said:

I'm thinking about a tube amp . Does anyone have experience with tubes and La Scallas ?

No I don't but will say it would only get better. imo

1 hour ago, Michael 420 said:

I gave $700 for the pair . Worth every penny .

Yes that sounds good. 

On 9/3/2007 at 12:51 AM, IndyKlipschFan said:

7 of them used in my HT sound wonderful!!

They will in yours too!

I have to say you had the best sounding Ht I have ever heard.

On 8/31/2007 at 1:03 AM, colterphoto1 said:

'rock star pose' was the order of the day

Even if you had to explain how to do it, NO smiling was hard to do around all of you and all of those speakers.

One of Michael's sets of split LaScalas was bought a few hours from here, we picked them up for him and held them until he could get them.    That was my first time hearing LaScala's and they were splits, it ruined me, from them on it was LaScalas or bigger is what I had to have. Before that the biggest I had was Forte's, which are good, but not close.

Michael was also the person who called and told us there was some Forte ll's for sale an hour from us when we were looking to round up Ht speakers, it was our first pair of 4 pair.

So many people here have helped us over the years, no telling what we would have without friends we met here. 

• Like 4

Hey guys, 

I was wondering what the difference is between a regular La Scala and an Industrial La Scala?  

Also, I have been looking at pics of these and it seems that on some the top two horns are attached to the bass bin and on others they aren't.  Is this for a specific reason or anything?

Last question: The tops on some of the La Scala's seem to be a rectangle and on other industrial's they seem to make more of a horn shape.  Reason for this as well?

Sorry for so many questions, but have never looked closely at them until now.  I would love a pair of La Scala's or Belles, but want to make sure I know what I'm getting before going blindly into a purchase.

Thanks!

Two pieces to put the bass bin on the floor for best response. Then the top could be suspended for better dispersion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1