Selling out due to health. Where to list???

tshow4437

I'm looking to sell my Klipsch system as well as my receiver. Speakers are as follows. RC-62, 1 pair RS-42's and 1 pair of RF-82's. All speakers are less than 6 months old. Receiver is Yamaha RX-V2700,also less than 6 months old. All items are mint condition. Can anyone help me in where to advertise these. Should I try e-bay or list it locally. System is sweet and I hate to sell,but I just had my 3rd brain surgery and I'm in need of the $ to pay the bills. Any help would be appreciated. Also,should I list as a complete package or sell seperately.

• Moderators

I too am sorry to hear about your health. We just had a guy in our church that had an anurism (spelling) on his brain. He had 3 surgeries. Only 1 percent make it through the surgery. He is now part of that 1 percent. Hang onto your faith bro and may God bless you and restore you to good health.

If you do sell them separate, what are you asking for the receiver? That is one of the receivers that I have been considering to upgrade to.

Michael

Where you located? some of that stuff ships real expensive. the RS 42's ship inexpensively, and the RC-62 is not bad. both are hot items on ebay. I do not follow rf's, but they are very heavy, and ship for big bucks.

local delivery/pickup only on ebay really kills the price. if you have a low approval rating on ebay, that knocks the price down also.

the problem with craigslist, unless I have not figured out how to use it(would be no surprise) is that it is very local. I search Klipsch in 5 metro areas, but still miss many. cannot get listings to come up with google.

the problem with craigslist, unless I have not figured out how to use it(would be no surprise) is that it is very local. I search Klipsch in 5 metro areas, but still miss many. cannot get listings to come up with google.

I think craigslist has a lot to do with whether or not you're around a major city. I live near St. Louis and I haven't had too many problems selling stuff on there. It took me a little less than two weeks to sell my RB-25s on there, and every time that I see any large sets of Klipsch go up there, they are taken down within the week.

The only problem that I've had with it is that you have to weed out all the people that e-mail you and shoot you really low offers, maybe because they don't think we have any idea what they're worth.

• Moderators

I just sold my system today from Craigslist. I live in a small town but am close to Tampa Florida. I agree about the lowballers. I had several offers for $375, $425 and one for $550.00. A guy just picked them up today for my asking price of $800.00 for my Onkyo Receiver, 5 Polk speakers and a velodyne sub.

I would post it on Craigslist. Worth a shot and it's free. Just stick to your price that you want to get cause you will probably get several people with low offers that are just trying to get a deal.