Help!!! ProMedia 2.1 Right Channel Does Not Work.

Ibalkie187

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

So i have the issue of only one channel working. I've opened up the sub, and cannot find the 2 internal fuses for the life of me. i'm on another thread on here called "dead port ProMedia 2.1" (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/118316.aspx?PageIndex=1) with pictures, and from what i've been reading online, the only conclusion is that my model doesn't have internal fuses? My system is over 4 years old (purchased feb 08) and the channel has been out for about 2 or more, and because of moving and shedules, i haven't been able to spend time on it until now. i have the model with the circular satellite speakers with a 3 point grill on them (vs the black sqaures); i believe the ProMedia 2.1 Computer Speaker System and the ProMedia GMX A-2.1 Computer Speaker System. could this be the difference, and why i cant find the fuses on the inside? thanks for any help/replies.

-aree

• 3 years later...

So to problem lies on the DIN connector?

I just bought these speakers and connected them out of the box and right output speaker is not working. It's not the satellites because If I invert their connections at the back of the sub, the one on the right output won't sound.

Thanks for your help.

That can indeed be the problem, but there can be other issues as well (as is reflected in a number of other, related threads).

One thing ... you say that you "just bought these speakers and connected them out of the box". Does that mean they are factory new? If so, you already have the new & improved right-angle DIN connector. Either way, you are in warranty and should be able to get full satisfaction from Klipsch. On the other hand, if you bought your ProMedia 2.1 set-up as used, then the problem could be the old style DIN connector or the other issues I was generally referring to.

yes, they are brand new. the problem is that I'm not in the US.

I just said the DIN, because reading the whole 4 pages of this forum, my problem seems the same as everybody else. The right ch sends signal but with a very low volume (Test was: disconnecting left ch, connecting only the right ch and turning on the volume all the way up, and I could here sound out of it.).

Maybe the problem could be in the amp inside de sub?

thanks.

Well, since your ProMedia 2.1 system is new, you definitely have the new and improved right-angle DIN connector, so that is likely not your problem. And I don't know how Klipsch handles warranty work outside of the US, but they (or the outlet you purchased your unit from) surely would stand behind a new purchase that was bad right out of the box (unless there is some question as to whether you purchased your system from an authorized dealer).

I would first suggest getting in contact with the retail outlet and/or Klipsch and describe the problem you are having and see what they can do for you. If you don't feel that approach is going to work for some reason and want to trouble-shoot the problem yourself (and you have the skills for doing that), I highly recommend going back through some of the many threads on ProMedia 2.1 system failures & potential solutions having to do with control pod issues, internal fuse failures, bad capacitors, poor board contacts/soldering (etc.) to see if any of that information might be helpful.

Good luck

• 8 years later...

Same issue. However, my system is a 2013 model. Do you have parts for this?

Update: It's been over 24hrs and I'm just now getting the confirmation email for posting this forum. Since it took so long, I went and bought a used pod from a seller on a popular bidding website. If you guys do get around to this comment, could you let me know if you keep stock of legacy components.

Edited by Mathematics
You took way too long to allow this post. That is bad..